#1 deGimp

deGimp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Interests:Science, plants, animals, electronics, computing, DIY

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

All dogs are special. Having said that, I am in procession of a special dog. A gorgeous Cocker Spaniel (American) of approximately 1 year of age. The dog was rescued by a Mexican friend of mine near Tizapan and I have been rehabilitating him for the last month. I've owned Cockers before and it appears the dog is a purebred (without papers of course.) He's also the brightest and most trainable Cocker I ever worked with, though I may have just matured. SinNombre is a gorgeous, happy, little boy, that with some love, decent food, discipline and vet care is now close to being adoptable. He's been wormed and treated for parasites, all shots, and will be spayed next week (about 25 April). He is house trained, walks on a leash and lives to make his human pack leader happy. I call the dog "Sin Nomre," meaning "without name." I have no idea how he'd be with cats as I don't have any. Cockers are naturally small critter hunters. The squirrels may not be safe, but my other rescue, a 3-4kilo Bichon Frise/Terrier mix has seen nothing but good nature play.

I would prefer to hear from someone who is experienced with Cockers and loves the breed. He should go to a home with some outside run-around room, but he's small (even for a Cocker), so he doesn't need a lot of space.

The sooner I can find SinNombre a permanent home, the sooner I can foster the next rescue. PHOTOS

Any problems let me know. I can be reached at: miguelito.sinnombre@mailnull.com

Mike "DeGimp" in Joco
There is nothing more galling to angry people than the coolness of those on whom they wish to vent their spleen.
- Alexandre Dumas

#2 Malaya

Malaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

Beautiful dog.

Posted Image

#3 deGimp

deGimp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Beautiful dog.

<Photo Clipped>

Yes and you have to consider that I butchered his coat in an effort to get the burrs and assorted filth out of it. This dog had been tied under a tree and of course the part around his neck was too tight. In an effort to escape he tore up the skin and hair in the throat area. If my friend in Mismaloya had not seen the dog it would have died from malnutrition or dehydration. He's made remarkable progress in just one month!
There is nothing more galling to angry people than the coolness of those on whom they wish to vent their spleen.
- Alexandre Dumas

#4 Malaya

Malaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

I would think that if you got a nice front photo of that face and put it on bulletin boards around town, this little one would have a new home in no time.

#5 deGimp

deGimp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

I would think that if you got a nice front photo of that face and put it on bulletin boards around town, this little one would have a new home in no time.

Malaya, Thanks for the suggestion. I often forget those bulletin boards with papers tacked to them. I hear bulletin board and I think Internet.
Miguelito de Joco
- Alexandre Dumas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users