18 replies to this topic

#1 Irish Gal

Irish Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

In order not to stop in the U.S. on the way to Canada, I've heard it's possible to fly to Cancun from Guadalajara and then to Toronto. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd appreciate any information you may have regarding airlines that might have this service.

#2 canmex87

canmex87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

In order not to stop in the U.S. on the way to Canada, I've heard it's possible to fly to Cancun from Guadalajara and then to Toronto. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd appreciate any information you may have regarding airlines that might have this service.

Air Canada flies direct to Toronto from Mexico City.

#3 CCC

CCC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

I would check the charter companies that operate out of To, but I suspect they require a round trip ticket. I have only heard of people doing it through Mexico City.

#4 Travis

Travis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

For a cheap flight to Cancun, check VivaAerobus, Interjet and Volaris. At least two of them flight it, if not all three.

#5 warmthseeker

warmthseeker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

I have no experience but I just checked and, in addition to Air Canada which is always expensive, you can fly WestJet. They also fly to Hamilton from Cancun. I'm delighted to discover all this myself!

#6 Irish Gal

Irish Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Air Canada flies direct to Toronto from Mexico City.

Yes, I've taken that flight but it is usually quite expensive.

#7 Irish Gal

Irish Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

I would check the charter companies that operate out of To, but I suspect they require a round trip ticket. I have only heard of people doing it through Mexico City.

I would be purchasing a round-trip ticket. I'll contact charter companies to see if this is feasible.

#8 Irish Gal

Irish Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

I have no experience but I just checked and, in addition to Air Canada which is always expensive, you can fly WestJet. They also fly to Hamilton from Cancun. I'm delighted to discover all this myself!

Thanks for this information, although I would then have to get from Hamilton to Toronto adding another flight. I'll see if WestJet flies from Cancun to Toronto - that would be the ideal answer for me.

#9 Irish Gal

Irish Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

For a cheap flight to Cancun, check VivaAerobus, Interjet and Volaris. At least two of them flight it, if not all three.

Sounds perfect. I'll check them out.

#10 lakeside101

lakeside101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

i heard of someone doing this, spending the night in Cancun, then flying non-stop to Canada.

#11 Go Solar

Go Solar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Clean, cost effective energy solutions

email:ron@solartechnology.com.mx

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Pretty sure you can do the same via PV; once in PV (via luxury coach or a short flight from Guad) Westjet goes from there to Toronto both non-stop and via transfers in western Canada.

#12 johanson

johanson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts
  • Location:Ajijic 8 months per year; I'm in WA and BC the remainder of the time

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Yes Go Solar. I know that was possible several years ago to both Seattle, WA and Vancouver, BC. I hope it still is. But I haven't checked for a couple of years

#13 atari

atari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Interests:I have a wide variety of interests, but I am a computer geek. Let me know if you have a computer problem and you need some help!

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

If you do go to Cancun, look at Magnicharter. I flew them twice before. The price was the cheapest, and the planes looked brand new.

#14 Canamex

Canamex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

I flew from Guad to Puerto Vallarta very cheaply on a national airline and flew Westjet to Toronto - only on Fridays, other days there's an additional stopover in Calgary. It has been a long time since I've had such a comfortable and quick trip - Westjet is great - 25 minutes to PV, 4 hours to Toronto and little wait time. It's a shorter cheaper route than Cancun.

They processed the paperwork/stamps/migracion stuff at the Guadalajara airport, but we were told it really should be done in PV.

One caveat: you can take 2 suitcases on Westjet but on the national airlines only 1, going and returning. I hope Westjet seeks permission to fly out of the Guadalajara airport soon.

#15 Chooch57

Chooch57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

I flew with Air Canada from Toronto to Mexico City than Guadalajara.

Life is Good!

#16 BillClarke

BillClarke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

I did a non-stop Toronto to PV in March, round trip for just under CDN $500 - had to buy return though and only available on Fridays.

#17 mountainview

mountainview

• Members
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

Who did you use, charter or airline? I would like to get some detailed info for next Oct. Last time I had looked it was a very late evening departure from PV.

#18 BillClarke

BillClarke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

I used Sunwing - charter company.

#19 Alpha1

Alpha1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

I flew from Guad to Puerto Vallarta very cheaply on a national airline and flew Westjet to Toronto - only on Fridays, other days there's an additional stopover in Calgary. It has been a long time since I've had such a comfortable and quick trip - Westjet is great - 25 minutes to PV, 4 hours to Toronto and little wait time. It's a shorter cheaper route than Cancun.

They processed the paperwork/stamps/migracion stuff at the Guadalajara airport, but we were told it really should be done in PV.

One caveat: you can take 2 suitcases on Westjet but on the national airlines only 1, going and returning. I hope Westjet seeks permission to fly out of the Guadalajara airport soon.

Only 1 check is allowed without additonal cost.

CHECKED BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users