• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Warden

Warden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

No doubt that this post will be deleted in order to sugar coat this town.
I'm just wondering how Chapala.com Weboard is supposed to help people with their move into Mexico.
Reading some of these post:

Murders, Robbery, Thievery, Leeches, Bad Drivers, People way over sharing their personnel matters to complete strangers, Busy bodies that can't and won't mind their own business, Loud Music, Currupt Law Enforcement, Women going off on shoppers at Super Lake, Mistreatment and Animal Abuse, Resturants that make you violently ill after eating, The list gets longer and longer.

If I was a complete stranger looking to use this Webboard as a stepping stone I would be beating feet in the Opposite Direction.

To bad I didn't have access to it before I came here, had I, I would never had moved here.

Welcome to your Paradise

#2 vetteforron

vetteforron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I'm just wondering how Chapala.com Weboard is supposed to help people with their move into Mexico.

Murders, Robbery, Thievery, Leeches, Bad Drivers, People way over sharing their personnel matters to complete strangers, Busy bodies that can't and won't mind their own business, Loud Music, Currupt Law Enforcement, Women going off on shoppers at Super Lake, Mistreatment and Animal Abuse, Resturants that make you violently ill after eating, The list gets longer and longer.

If I was a complete stranger looking to use this Webboard as a stepping stone I would be beating feet in the Opposite Direction.

To bad I didn't have access to it before I came here, had I, I would never had moved here.

Welcome to your Paradise

You did leave out the climate is great.
www.lakesidecare.com www.casitadellago.net

#3 Betsy

Betsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

LEECHES? We have LEECHES? Aren't those Black slug things that stick to your skin and suck your blood? EWWWWWuh

#4 barbara habacht

barbara habacht

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Interests:Mexico.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

I am going north in two weeks...can I drop you off....in a safe place....Please!
Fred
Fred Habacht

#5 grc

grc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:We are interested in reading, news, sports, movies, cooking, and learning more about Mexico.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Everybody has an opinion, good or bad. Yes, some folks do rant a bit. That's what this blog is intended to produce. I use it for info that I can't get easily elsewhere, updates on happenings and humor. To each their own.

Gary
Gary and Carol
Choose to be happy!

#6 slainte39

slainte39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

We also have life saving doctors, philanthropists, good samaritans, blood transfusions (opposite of leeches), good drivers, people who won't even share the time of day with you...let alone personal information, soft music, honest cops, polite people in supermarkets, people who love animals more than people, and restaurants (like Ajijic Tango) where the food is so good that you will probably live another 20 years if you eat there regularly.
So you see...it's kind of a mixed bag of humanity...something like most places in the world.

#7 Chippy

Chippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Welcome to your Paradise

Sounds like you have had a lot of bad experiences while in the Lakeside area. Can you share a bit more detail? How long have you been here? Is your house for sale? If you were a renter, how much longer are you staying? What area did you live in? Do you think your experiences were bad luck and you were in the minority with these experiences, or do you think most expats have bad experiences and people handle them differently? I think posters would appreciate knowing more about your situation.

#8 jrm30655

jrm30655

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • Interests:cooking, fun, interesting women

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

I am going north in two weeks...can I drop you off....in a safe place....Please!
Fred

If you need help with tolls/gas on the trip, let me know. Will be glad to contribute

#9 barbara habacht

barbara habacht

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Interests:Mexico.

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

NO NEED....He is in need and we don't want him to suffer here any longer than is necessary....I actually plan on taking him for free and driving him to Detroit, Chicago, LA or the lower east side of New York....I may need some help loading his stuff...like the large chip he carries.
Fred
Fred Habacht

#10 CCC

CCC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

If you need help with tolls/gas on the trip, let me know. Will be glad to contribute

Ditto. I have more bad stuff I can share here if it will help make your mind up faster. :) :) :) :020:

#11 giltner68

giltner68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

Hmm, some crime, some violence, a heaping helping of busy bodies (see gringos) a few bad drivers (mostly gringos) corrupt cops, animal abuse (see gringos going home) - sounds exactly like the truth to me, what's better than the truth? As they say; "the truth will set you free". I'd say these are exactly things people moving here need to know, then they can judge for themselves. It's also why the Lord invented BIG iron gates, when I get tired of all these people and things I just close them tight, turn off the PC and I'm in paradise, admittedly a small slice, but I never tire of being thankful for what I have been given each day - and, if one day it's time to leave, there is a car out front and a road leading back North that I'm free to travel any time I have the need. If you're unhappy, learn to deal with it, or leave, it's just that simple and easy. But for gosh sakes, don't share your despair with us - we're really not worthy.

#12 Travis

Travis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

...and scorpions and topes and roofdogs and mordida and dengue and....

#13 elbelgicano

elbelgicano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Interests:being from Belgium, moved here first in 1998, making Belgian chocolate,--- my Mexican miniature Schnauzer, Virginia ... food, languages and culture, volunteering ....
    Making Belgian chocolates --->
    http://chocochef.blogspot.com/
    My (no charge, as a service to community) employment project :
    http://vivachapala.blogspot.mx/

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Warden, something you clearly haven´t understood.... helping people doesn´t mean "painting them a bright picture". Quite the opposite, .... It means telling them exactly what they can expect before making a decison of a lifetime by moving here.
And although there is a lot of truth in your statement, you are making another big mistake by leaving out all the positive (for ex., especially in Chapala, a community where people still stick together and help one another when needed, .... the kind of social structure that is "key" to any society and what is missing up North).
Having only an eye for the negative or being focussed on only one side of the story, shows a "limited" black and white thinking, exactly what is making this world a sometimes ugly place. All this, in a post, that seems to have only as a purpose to stir up "s". It is remarkable, all you can learn about someone, in just one post.

#14 Griffin

Griffin

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

People are people anywhere you go. They have the same gripes and experiences here that they have back home. This isn't Paradise because of the people. Paradise refers to the climate.

This is mostly a retirement community. What do you expect old people to do since they aren't working anymore and have plenty of time to notice every little problem? Ever visited a retirement community up North? I bet it's not that different except the people here probably contribute more to the community and get more exercise.
Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James 

#15 JayBearII

JayBearII

JayBearII

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Interests:health insurance and retirement plans, gardening and agriculture (especially organics), water exercise, travel in Mexico and abroad

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I hafta say we read the local webboards (initially MexConnect and then chapala.com) before we moved here and we learned a lot that has helped greatly in easing the move and adjusting to life here and knowing what to look out for, good and bad. I would not be without this resource. We have learned a tremendous amount and that has kept us happy and safe so far, AND we've learned a lot that helps us understand the cultures here, Mexican and gringo. If the board scares off a few people, well, maybe they would not be happy here anyway. There is a sharp learning curve involved with settling here, and if you want to be good at it, you have to learn and you have to work at it.

#16 gringal

gringal

gringal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Is it just my observation, or is it the case than often a "newbie" starts off on here with a "bang" as in an AK-47 in full rip?

He's entitled to his opinion....but I wouldn't have stayed here a month if I had his attitude. I like it here, but I make a point of avoiding negative people, gossips and bad places to hang out.

#17 CocinaMod

CocinaMod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and several of you have made yours very clear.

The moderators do not censor this board except to remove gossip, unsubstantiated crime reports and rude or personal remarks. This thread is already getting personal, so it's shut down, but not being deleted.

People - this board does a lot of good in the Lakeside area. Let's be considerate and helpful whenever possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users