• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 desertdave

desertdave

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

I need a new battery for my 2005 Toyota Rav4. I certainly won't go to the dealer in Guad. Any recommendations for a local shop where I can purchase and have it installed. A friend of mine got ripped off at "CC" here at Lakeside and I don't want the same problems. Thanks

#2 giltner68

giltner68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:26 AM

Bought two recently one at the Goodyear store across from Soriana, I thought it was reasonable and then a second one at Costco, both were about $1100MXD.

#3 Atlas

Atlas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

The "Michelin Store" on the Libramiento. The big man is Oscar, he's the owner. Good work, good service, fair prices. I've dealt with him for over 6 years and recommend him highly.

#4 HelperGuy

HelperGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

WalMart's are just as good as anyone's. They all carry four/five year warranties. The shop beside Juan Carlos Escalera does the warranty work, as well as selling the popular brands. and unless your battery bolts are rusted down, changing the battery is a simple, simple job with a wrench.

#5 mexicanamama

mexicanamama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

I bought mine, as recommended by Spencer, across from the 7-11 in Chapala. They were very good, checked the old battery first to make sure it was bad, then took it out, cleaned all the bolts, etc. and put a new one in. This is done right on the street. I have a three year warranty on it.

#6 borderreiver

borderreiver

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:foodie, reader, cycler, swimmer, walker, exploring, wine, fishing, conversation

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

Have you checked out Costco?

#7 jaykay

jaykay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

Another vote for Oscar out on the libramento. Got a battery today for my wifes' car but if the car could have made to the store, they would have installed it free. It cost me quite a bit less than Walmart. Be aware that Oscar does oil changes and lubes for a very reasonable charge. In addition, I learned today that Oscar installs Monroe shock absorbers too. He said that the cost is around 1500 pesos per shock, including installation.
Living here, it's only a matter of time until we all need this service.

#8 sparks

sparks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Interests:Live a few years longer

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

The guys that come around wanting to buy metal, motors, batteries, etc ... gave me 100 pesos for my old battery

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Where to purchase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users