11 replies to this topic

#1 Francisco Gonzalez Duran

Francisco Gonzalez Duran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

Here is the easiest way:

1. Go to tinypic.com (just click that link)

2. Click on the "choose file" button.

3. Select the file from your computer

4. Click the "upload now" button on the webpage

5. Complete the puzzle that proves you are a human by entering the 2 words you see.

6. It should only take a short time. When it is completed, your image will appear on the website.

7. Look up at the address on the left that says "DIRECT LINK FOR LAYOUTS". That is the address of your image.

8. Copy that address.

9. Back on chapala.com, click the image button above the area that you enter your message.

10. Paste that address in the box that says "URL"

11. That's it. You should be able to save the message and your image should show up.

#2 Kateg

Kateg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:reading, gardening, walking and exercising.

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:54 AM

Hello !
I have a flyer to advise everyone of an important meeting on Wednesday Dec 07th, to follow up our previous meeting
with Mayor in Chapala. I tried to follow your instruction but its not allowing me to upload the flyer. I need you help with this,
if you could send me an email I will gladly forward it to you so you could post it. Thanks for your help with this.

Kate

#3 mexart

mexart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

how do i remove my profile picture?

#4 Chapala.geek

Chapala.geek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Computers, coding, programming, design, graphics, dark humor, sci-fi, protecting the innocent, educating the ignorant, and striving to be overlord of all mortals.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Niki... hello.

your picture you uploaded in a post in this thread was just that, uploading a photo.

If you are wanting to apply an image to be your profile pic, you need to go into your profile by selecting your username at the top of this page, and in that drop-down menu, "MY PROFILE"

Posted Image

Once your profile is up, click "EDIT MY PROFILE" on the right....

Posted Image

Once that page comes up, make sure you are on "PROFILE SETTINGS" on the left, and click "CHANGE MY PHOTO"

Posted Image

Once that pop-over page shows... just follow the instructions. You then can upload an image from your own computer, and once you save your changes, the avatar should reflect now to all your posts. :)

Good luck!

-CG :ph34r:

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end"

#5 Guest_RevImmigrant_*

Guest_RevImmigrant_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

I've tried this several times and get the message that the picture is too big each time. How can I cut the picture down?

#6 Chapala.geek

Chapala.geek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Computers, coding, programming, design, graphics, dark humor, sci-fi, protecting the innocent, educating the ignorant, and striving to be overlord of all mortals.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:18 AM

I've tried this several times and get the message that the picture is too big each time. How can I cut the picture down?

What do you mean that the picture is too big. Is it too big in megabyte size, or in pixels? Either way, you can simply open the image on your computer using microsoft office picture manager, hit "edit picture" at the top, then hit RESIZE on the side, and choose a smaller set size... then SAVE. this should bring down both pixel AND data size of the pic.
Then try again.

ALSO, are you trying to update your avatar? or just post a pic?

"Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end"

#7 Guest_bigd_*

Guest_bigd_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

I wonder if I am the only person who does not understand at all the following"open the image on your computer using microsoft office picture manager hit edit at the top and resize" Do I even have microsoft picture manager on my computer? It a shame everyone who is savvy about computer just assumes that everyone else is too.

#8 Guest_RevImmigrant_*

Guest_RevImmigrant_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm trying to post a really neat picture to my avatar since I presently don't have one. I agree with those who say that the techno people forget that some of us belong to the technologically challenged. I never even learned how to use a computer at all until 2000.

#9 sparks

sparks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts
  • Interests:Live a few years longer

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

If you can't follow instructions on how to post a link or resize your foto .... then find a friend who can help you. Don't be afraid of your computer, look around !!!!

#10 a1brains

a1brains

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:33 AM

Awesome information about how to post a picture.Thanks for published great information about how to upload pictures.

Iphone Application Development

#11 jguerin

jguerin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Very interesting but if you don't have a Iphone or cell phone, just a computer, what is the solution.
Thanks

#12 sparks

sparks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,789 posts
  • Interests:Live a few years longer

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

Still thinking the same, why copy and paste would not work? It is working for anything else.
Thanks

Because you would be putting the foto on this web site and they don't want to host a bunch oversized and probably poor quality pictures of everything and anything. Find a teenager to help you .... they all get it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users