14 replies to this topic

#1 Trailrunner

Trailrunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:00 PM

Anybody know anything about this latest "miracle drug" for arthritis or fibro? I have 2 friends on it and seems like I heard something . . .

#2 Irish Gal

Irish Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

Reumofan Plus , Natural Riger laboratories, promises to be a 100% natural medicine, but it is, contains cortisone. Cortisone very typical side effects such as: • Swelling of the face, ankles and feet (fluid retention) • Increased appetite • Irritability • Difficulty sleeping (insomnia) • nausea (take with meals) • Heartburn • Decreased wound healing • Increased blood sugar levels if they are taking Reumofan Plus , consult your doctor, because the cortisone should not be stopped abruptly. addition, the laboratories "Governing Natural" does not have a website or other means of contact and do not answer questions about your product. Are clearly not legitimate unreliable. 's understand: Unfortunately, there is miracle cure, but there are people who have no qualms about risking the health of others through deception.

This is what I found on a "google" search (translated from Spanish automatically by my computer). Doesn't sound like anything I'd take.

#3 exHawaiian

exHawaiian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

This is potentially shockingly harmful. I started taking these pills based on success stories by friends, and the ingredients, as listed, are innocuous enough. I actually had about a month I was able to walk and even run for the first time in probably 20 years. Que milagro! Then our doctor became quite concerned. He said a patient recently came in because his back was very painful. Turned out to be his kidneys. He had been taking these pills according to the instructions, and this kidney problem appeared to be related to when he started on these pills. The patient took them to a laboratory to find out what was in the pills, if the ingredients are as advertised.
The ingredients as printed out on the original lab sheets from the assay, which my dh and I both saw in person, were (in Spanish) as follows:
Hidrocortisona, Prednisolona, Dexametasona all 3 are members of the cortisone family of steroids, and Metacarbamol a fairly tried-and-true muscle relaxer.

Cortisone and its cousins are drugs reserved for the most serious medical conditions, due to the extremely severe side effects from this class of medications. Do not stop this medication abruptly, as severe problems can ensue. It should only be decreased slowly, to avoid much of the detox effects.

Please check with a doctor re: any questions about cortisone or any of this. I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.......(nah, nah, nah,only joke), I'm an RN.. ;

#4 Trailrunner

Trailrunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

Thanks so so much, ex-Hawaiian, it was you who told me this story, I remember now. I have passed your words on to one of my friends and will tell the other one asap.
Mahalo

#5 canmex87

canmex87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

This is potentially shockingly harmful. I started taking these pills based on success stories by friends, and the ingredients, as listed, are innocuous enough. I actually had about a month I was able to walk and even run for the first time in probably 20 years. Que milagro! Then our doctor became quite concerned. He said a patient recently came in because his back was very painful. Turned out to be his kidneys. He had been taking these pills according to the instructions, and this kidney problem appeared to be related to when he started on these pills. The patient took them to a laboratory to find out what was in the pills, if the ingredients are as advertised.
The ingredients as printed out on the original lab sheets from the assay, which my dh and I both saw in person, were (in Spanish) as follows:
Hidrocortisona, Prednisolona, Dexametasona all 3 are members of the cortisone family of steroids, and Metacarbamol a fairly tried-and-true muscle relaxer.

Cortisone and its cousins are drugs reserved for the most serious medical conditions, due to the extremely severe side effects from this class of medications. Do not stop this medication abruptly, as severe problems can ensue. It should only be decreased slowly, to avoid much of the detox effects.

Please check with a doctor re: any questions about cortisone or any of this. I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.......(nah, nah, nah,only joke), I'm an RN.. ;

I have sent you a PM.

#6 Evalamb

Evalamb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

Hi
Thank you for all your feedback about reumofan plus. I have recently took 6 pills for days. I started notice the pain on my knee has disappeared after I took the second one. Realizing that it is made from Mexiico, I was suspicious about what is really in it. Then I stop taking it on the seventh day. Starting on the eighth day , I have been having dry/ swollen/pressure eyes with light headache for at least ten days. I finally feel much better now. Do you think the symptoms I have has to do with reumofan plus . How do I verified the real ingredients in the pill? Thanks for your help!

#7 Evalamb

Evalamb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:04 AM

Hi Exhawaiian
How do I get the copy of the lab sheet for the ingredient in the reumofan plus? Thanks!

#8 bimini6

bimini6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

I had them taken to a lab for content, and they found none of the steriods in them. I know there are some counterfiets out there, so maybe you got the counterfeits.

#9 Griffin

Griffin

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

I think the doctor exaggerated the results or the lab made mistakes. I've never heard of or used Reumofan Plus but I doubt it could be sold on Amazon if it contained the ingredients the doctor reported.

People have reactions to all kinds of things or become ill for unknown reasons. Tying new symptoms to a supplement isn't that easy. Symptoms could be independent of any ingested ingredients or caused by an unknown substance.

The ingredients in Reumofan Plus and it does have "aspirin" like ingredients and others that could interact with medicines the person is taking. Not all natural ingredients are good for people.

http://www.nopain.ws/Whats_in_it_
Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James 

#10 gringal

gringal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

The word "natural" is falsely reassuring, so serious caution is advised. Hey.......snake venom is natural, along with the leaves of some plants that will put you six feet under in a flash.

My husband had heard that an enzyme called Wobenzym would be helpful for arthritis and before popping pills, we did as much research as possible on the web.. It's used widely in veterinary medicine for that purpose. (Stop laughing). Turned out that its a very old product originally created as a hopeful cancer cure in Germany about 50 years ago. In much lower doses than the cancer application, it is, indeed very helpful for some old dogs (lol) and people with arthritis, and the side effects are negligible, if any.. It's sold OTC at the local pharmacies, at Costco and at Walmart. Very positive results for my spouse, whose aches and pains from rheumatoid arthritis were greatly relieved..

However, YMMV and you should do the research before ingesting anything at all. Every body reacts differently to drugs. Some people are walking into walls on pain medications that others can take in stride. Another word of caution:
Interactions with other medications are always a question.

I hope this information is helpful to someone.

#11 saege007

saege007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

I can't remember the spelling differences, but I had a Mexican friend look it up online after a client recommended it to me for my fibro. There are two different drugs out there. One is the natural, and one contains the steroids. One you would get from a pharmacy, one from a natural foods type store.

So, there is actually one that is natural.

#12 canmex87

canmex87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

I had them taken to a lab for content, and they found none of the steriods in them. I know there are some counterfiets out there, so maybe you got the counterfeits.

Can you tell me the name of the lab, address and the cost please.

#13 Griffin

Griffin

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

A doctor told my brother-in-law to take Black Cherry Extract for his gout. He did and the gout was gone within a few days. Now when he feels the gout starting, he takes the Black Cherry for a few days and never has a problem.

Black Cherry Extract is also recommended for any arthritis in humans and in dogs and for other inflammatory conditions. I would try it for Fibro instead of a "natural" medication that includes too many ingredients and isn't as proven as the black cherry.

http://www.peoplesph...herry-juice-ea/

I have just found out about tart cherry juice for fibromyalgia and arthritis. I have arthritis in both knees, my back is deterioating, and my fibromyalgia is very painful, but after a week of 2 T. of Tart Cherry Juice concentrate in 8oz. of water, I can tell a difference in my hands, knees, back and the muscles of my body. I bought my juice at Walmart in the cold juice section.

http://www.nutralega...e-inflammation/

I thought that GNC MX carried Cherry Extract but now I can't find it online. Costco or Sam's probably have it.
http://www.gnc.com.mx/index.php
Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James 

#14 larryd

larryd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

I've been taking reumofan plus for the last 6 months without any problems. I eventually had a pill tested after hearing claims of imitations containing harmful ingredients (as mentioned by exHawaiian) Turns out the pills I have been purchasing are the originals and containing nothing outside of what's describe in the ingredients which is listed on this website (http://milagrosoprod...tail.php?pId=20)

I would advise everyone NOT to purchase reumofan plus from shoddy places like ebay which are going for ridiculously low prices compared to the what the product was going for when it first hit the market. If anyone is looking for a reputable source for the original reumofan I recommend milagrosoproducts.com

#15 Larry22

Larry22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:04 AM

You can find some information about Reumofan here http://www.erheumato...ms.com/reumofan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users