• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Denver

Denver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Interests:travel, gardening, hiking, reading, cinema, cabin in Rocky Mtns, Mexico, old wine and vintage port, cognac, archaeology, antique toy trains, minerals / crystals / fossils.

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:52 AM

I've noticed a white tarp covering the ReMax sign in Ajijic. Are they closing, or merging in with another company?
Lloyd
Ajijic

"Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile" --Homer

#2 lakeheron

lakeheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

Are you talking about Absolut Phoenix? If so, they have another office, their first one, in SAT. At least I haven't noticed it closed. Maybe they are just closing the Ajijic branch?

#3 bournemouth

bournemouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

No - the OP is referring to Remax in Ajijic, north side of the carretera near Donas/Donuts. Rumor on the street is that they've had to close down.

I think Absolute Fenix's Ajijic branch has been closed for some years.

#4 kika

kika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

I was in the Absolut Fenix office yesterday. They are very much up and running. Not suremwhy anyone would think they have been closed when they have been there in full view of the carretera for years.

#5 bournemouth

bournemouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

I was in the Absolut Fenix office yesterday. They are very much up and running. Not suremwhy anyone would think they have been closed when they have been there in full view of the carretera for years.

In San Antonio yes but their office in Ajijic, which is the location referred to in the original post, closed some years back.,

#6 kika

kika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:46 AM

Now I see the confusion!!

In San Antonio yes but their office in Ajijic, which is the location referred to in the original post, closed some years back.,

#7 tilley

tilley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:51 AM

Remax and Absolut Fenix are completely separate entities, with no connection of any kind.

#8 HelperGuy

HelperGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

There is Remax Ajijic, and there used to be Remax Fenix. Remax Fenix closed their office in Ajijic near the old pet food store, and dropped the Remax connection, while changing their name to Absolut Fenix some time back. They are now only in San Ant. de Tlay., but of course you can catch Flip playing keyboards anytime The Tall Boys are around.

Remax Ajijic is beside the Donas shop across from Farmacia Guadalajara.

#9 Bisbee Gal

Bisbee Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:14 AM

I have a friend's rent check (he's on vacation) that I promised to take to ReMax this week.

I went by this morning around 11:30 and the doors are locked (though there is still furniture in the office); there was no sign on door or windows re: why they weren't open.

When I returned home, I phoned their office (766-2190)....no answer, no answering machine.

#10 lardca

lardca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

I called Gonzalo on his cell and while he didn't give me details he did say 'all was okay' and that he'd be in the office tomorrow.

Hopefully that will be accurate and we can get our rent paid.

As we're in the U.S. at the moment perhaps a kind soul in the vicinity would make a quick check on the place and post their observations over the next day or so.
If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home. ~James Michener

#11 Bisbee Gal

Bisbee Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

The office is open today; I asked one of the agents what was going on and he said they are continuing in business, under the same legal/corporate name, but will no longer be using the ReMax name; he did not say what the new name would be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users