23 replies to this topic

#1 HelperGuy

HelperGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

I just got off the phone with TelMex support in the D.F. None of us can get to www.walmart.com, unless we sneak in by using a published IP address. Even then, when I try to add something to a shopping cart to buy, various messages let me know it ain't gonna happen. I believe those links are https (secure). TelMex is at a loss. This happened some months ago with my personal website address, but then I was able to get my U.S. website provider to help out.

Any readers here in the U.S. or Canada? I'd like to know if you have any problems getting to www.walmart.com, being out of the country and all.

We've tried various fixes, such as bypassing the TelMex DNS servers by using public servers, to no avail. This happens with all Internet browsers on any version of Windows, at the moment.

#2 bournemouth

bournemouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:25 PM

I just got off the phone with TelMex support in the D.F. None of us can get to www.walmart.com, unless we sneak in by using a published IP address. Even then, when I try to add something to a shopping cart to buy, various messages let me know it ain't gonna happen. I believe those links are https (secure). TelMex is at a loss. This happened some months ago with my personal website address, but then I was able to get my U.S. website provider to help out.

Any readers here in the U.S. or Canada? I'd like to know if you have any problems getting to www.walmart.com, being out of the country and all.

We've tried various fixes, such as bypassing the TelMex DNS servers by using public servers, to no avail. This happens with all Internet browsers on any version of Windows, at the moment.

I'm having the same problem and tried both IE and Firefox - thanks for letting us know it's not our computers.

#3 Ferret

Ferret

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

It's working for me. Clicked on the link provided and was in. Then came back to webboard and clicked on File, then open and put in www.walmart.com and went straight through to the site again. Even surfed a bit both times...looked at 10 pages of seriously ugly entertainment units.
Windows 7 and I.E.8 ..have not upgraded to I.E.9

#4 HelperGuy

HelperGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

Now, this is truly amazing. Moments ago, I called TelMex back; the guy I was talking to, Ramon, said he would have to check with his supervisors, because he wasn't aware yet that the report had even gone through... but I can now actually access WalMart.com and I placed an order.

This problem has been going on for more than a week, although it may have been longer because I don't often go to WalMart.com, so I cannot say for sure. But the timing is too much of a coincidence for it to be a coincidence. You all might want to check again.

Bournemouth, I can assume then that you now have a new working modem? ... Mike

#5 Ferret

Ferret

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

Just checked again and it's still working. Maybe they sat up and paid attention when my IP showed up...."whoa! here comes that lady that spends money again" :blink:

#6 bournemouth

bournemouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

Now, this is truly amazing. Moments ago, I called TelMex back; the guy I was talking to, Ramon, said he would have to check with his supervisors, because he wasn't aware yet that the report had even gone through... but I can now actually access WalMart.com and I placed an order.

This problem has been going on for more than a week, although it may have been longer because I don't often go to WalMart.com, so I cannot say for sure. But the timing is too much of a coincidence for it to be a coincidence. You all might want to check again.

Bournemouth, I can assume then that you now have a new working modem? ... Mike

Certainly do Mike - however I suspect I will be seeing the nice young man at Telmex in the future. I met a friend there who was returning his modem for the third time in less than two months! We found the power cord under some papers.

And yes, Walmart.com is now working for me too - I've been tring to get on since the weekend.

#7 border crosser

border crosser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:54 PM

I have been trying to access the Walmart site for several days with no luck until now. I have also been trying to get on the sears.com site and when I tried it a moment ago this is what I got:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.sears.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.a5028dbb.1316634565.142fad9

Just wondering if something is wrong or if it is a new policy.

#8 mpb

mpb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

I get both Walmart and Sears here in San Antonio.

#9 PV Kids

PV Kids

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Once in a while you will stumble upon the truth but most of us manage to pick ourselves up and hurry along as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

Both walmart and sears sites working fine from Houston, Texas

#10 bournemouth

bournemouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:05 PM

I have been trying to access the Walmart site for several days with no luck until now. I have also been trying to get on the sears.com site and when I tried it a moment ago this is what I got:

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://www.sears.com/" on this server.

Reference #18.a5028dbb.1316634565.142fad9

Just wondering if something is wrong or if it is a new policy.

I just tried Sears and got exactly the same message - this has to be something Telmex Infinitum is doing.

#11 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

I just tried Sears and got exactly the same message - this has to be something Telmex Infinitum is doing.

Or not.

I just tried WalMart - works fine for me. Looks like Sears is still having a problem - and not the first time.

#12 mpb

mpb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:15 PM

Or not.

I just tried WalMart - works fine for me. Looks like Sears is still having a problem - and not the first time.

I have infinitum and still get both here in SAT.

#13 conejorapido

conejorapido

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

I'm in SAT and I get Walmart but not Sears.

#14 mpb

mpb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:26 PM

I'm in SAT and I get Walmart but not Sears.

If you need it, or anyone else, is more than welcome to use it at my place.

#15 HelperGuy

HelperGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

I got all the way through to the Sears checkout cart just now. However (and this was mentioned to me by TelMex support) I did get a message saying I had to update my Flash player first. Which I did, and then no problem.

I also spent a good deal of time discussing the "up and down" service, the fact that the green light on the modem can actually stay on even though there is no Internet coming through, and on and on... and he told me (unsatisfactorily) that they have not been having server problems; that using a public server instead of their own DNS servers would rectify most problems if they do occur, and that they are acutely aware of their own desire to NOT be getting rashes of complaints from the lakeside area. I mentioned I had already tried the server tricks and everything else, so he has made another report, but is hoping I can call back during a dropout.

He did come up with one idea: new modems carry an auto-login username and password. He says it pays to set up a new modem with your registered username and password, as this seems to be more stable. The temporary password gets changed regularly, and may be causing DSL dropouts. This fellow's name is Ramon Cervantes, and I've been talking to him on and off for at least a year now. He knows his stuff, but there is a limit to what tech support will be told by the senior technicians.

#16 Sunsetkid

Sunsetkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Humor: Bill Maher/Chevy Chase/Life in general

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

Can you order online from Wally World and it gets shipped to you in Ajijic?

#17 bournemouth

bournemouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

I got all the way through to the Sears checkout cart just now. However (and this was mentioned to me by TelMex support) I did get a message saying I had to update my Flash player first. Which I did, and then no problem.

I also spent a good deal of time discussing the "up and down" service, the fact that the green light on the modem can actually stay on even though there is no Internet coming through, and on and on... and he told me (unsatisfactorily) that they have not been having server problems; that using a public server instead of their own DNS servers would rectify most problems if they do occur, and that they are acutely aware of their own desire to NOT be getting rashes of complaints from the lakeside area. I mentioned I had already tried the server tricks and everything else, so he has made another report, but is hoping I can call back during a dropout.

He did come up with one idea: new modems carry an auto-login username and password. He says it pays to set up a new modem with your registered username and password, as this seems to be more stable. The temporary password gets changed regularly, and may be causing DSL dropouts. This fellow's name is Ramon Cervantes, and I've been talking to him on and off for at least a year now. He knows his stuff, but there is a limit to what tech support will be told by the senior technicians.

Can you walk us through that? Of course, I'll have to go to Telmex to find out what our registered name and password is - it's been a few years now!

#18 HelperGuy

HelperGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

Can you walk us through that? Of course, I'll have to go to Telmex to find out what our registered name and password is - it's been a few years now!

If you don't know your actual, you can call 01-800-123-2222 and keep pressing "1" until you get someone, then ask for help in English. They will get your phone number and give you your user name. You will then have a chance to change your password and write it down. Then I can help when I come over to do your other laptop stuff.

#19 bournemouth

bournemouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,604 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

If you don't know your actual, you can call 01-800-123-2222 and keep pressing "1" until you get someone, then ask for help in English. They will get your phone number and give you your user name. You will then have a chance to change your password and write it down. Then I can help when I come over to do your other laptop stuff.

Thanks Mike.

#20 Viajero-Tiempo

Viajero-Tiempo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:46 PM

Huh???

So, sometimes your modem/DSL works wih the unregistered ID and Password and other times it doesn't?
So, you think using some registered ID might work all the time?
Sounds too strange to be possible.
IDs that work sometimes and not others?
We'd all be suffering from that.

I's be asking for someone to check services and signals.

Why not ask one of your customers that you've helped (and that has reliable service) to swap modems with you for a couple of days. Then, find out which place works and which place fails.

Maybe its location, location, location...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users