Rainy season , am I too early?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 UK Moe

UK Moe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Location:Ocala Florida , Summers in Ajijic or wherever the fancy takes me.
  • Interests:Audio books, Music, Cruising, traveling, walking in the forest with my doggies.

Hospice Volunteering

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:12 PM

We arrive June 28th and leave July 14th, will we get to experience the rainy season or did we book too early?
Maureen

#2 lakeheron

lakeheron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

You should have booked just right.

#3 k2tog

k2tog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

We arrive June 28th and leave July 14th, will we get to experience the rainy season or did we book too early?

you'll be here to enjoy the rainy season. It started a bit early this year, but as of today, we haven't had a nice rain for a couple of days now and the humidity is rising...but the mountains are turning green which is always a beautiful site.
"...when people cover up their insecurities with arrogance, it simply doesn't occur to them how unpopular they become." Mrs. Pollifax/D. Gilman

#4 khof

khof

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 04:23 PM

Not much rain here on the west end of the lake yet.
Maybe tonight!!
K

you'll be here to enjoy the rainy season. It started a bit early this year, but as of today, we haven't had a nice rain for a couple of days now and the humidity is rising...but the mountains are turning green which is always a beautiful site.

#5 Floradude

Floradude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

We are still waiting for it to start. Let's hope we get a rainy season. I heard the big low pressure in the southern US is holding off our weather. This hot/humid weather is not typical.

#6 Mainecoons

Mainecoons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,902 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

Actually, it is the very deep jet stream over the western U.S. pushing high pressure into northern Mexico. You can see the jet stream here:

http://squall.sfsu.e.../jetstream.html

Models show the condition slowly easing over the next week. There's also some possibility of some moisture from the tropical storm south of Manzanillo but that is a long shot based on predicted path at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users