• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grace

Grace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

I am moving to San Antonio and need both internet and TV service. I like the package that Telecable offers (2mg + basic tv + digital box + 8 Premier channels). For now, until my spanish gets better, I want the best option for English TV channels and it looks like Telecable has it. I understand that the quality of Telecable service depends on the area you live in. Can anyone comment on these services in San Antonio?

#2 Sandrita

Sandrita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

It may depend on where you live in San Antonio. I would suggest checking with your neighbors.
Buena suerte.

#3 Grace

Grace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:24 AM

Thank you...that's a good idea.

Another question re: Telmex internet. Will the 1 MG service be enough to watch streaming movies and tv shows on my computer?

#4 Jeannie

Jeannie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:24 PM

I am moving to San Antonio and need both internet and TV service. I like the package that Telecable offers (2mg + basic tv + digital box + 8 Premier channels). For now, until my spanish gets better, I want the best option for English TV channels and it looks like Telecable has it. I understand that the quality of Telecable service depends on the area you live in. Can anyone comment on these services in San Antonio?

I have Telecable TV and Internet and Telmex internet.

For Telecable it literally can depend on the street you live on. It's cheaper than Telmex and you do get TV with it. A 6G internet with basic TV (not HD) is $650 pesos. The TV gets CNN English & Espanol, ABC, NBC and CBS and the weekends are no longer a problem with American Stations.

There are other programs where you can change the language to English.

Telmex depends a lot on how good your phone lines are and their servers. It's a lot more expensive and no TV. A 4G internet/phone/long distance package is $1015 pesos.

We use Telecable for our main internet provider and use a 1 G Telmex line as back up. Cost for the two is $1000 pesos.

When our Telecable Internet is down as happens occasionally the two of us easily share the 1G line with Telmex with no problems.

#5 lakeview

lakeview

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

Thank you...that's a good idea.

Another question re: Telmex internet. Will the 1 MG service be enough to watch streaming movies and tv shows on my computer?

1mb is borderline. I have the 2mb service and watch BBC, ITV, Hulu, Seesaw etc for streaming internet TV and it is faultless. In fact, I had Telecable 6mb/s in Ajijic and found that the 2mb/s Telcel outperforms the 6mb/s Telecable with lower ping times and jitter (important for streaming content). However, the Telecable upload speed is much quicker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users