• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bbnewbie

bbnewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:11 PM

Anyone have driving directions to the new bus terminal in Guadalajara "near the airport"?

#2 RVGRINGO

RVGRINGO

RVGRINGO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,169 posts
  • Interests:Life in Chapala and Ajijic.

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

It is not 'near the airport'. Go toward Guadalajara from Chapala, then follow signs to Mexico/Tonala. You'll be on the approaches to the autopista and want to watch for signs for the new bus station before getting to Tonala.

#3 Trailrunner

Trailrunner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:33 PM

Oh, I thought they meant the one 'at' the airport. Supposedly not completed or not running well or something. Maybe somebody has recent knowledge.

Mexican Trailrunner - Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmmm

#4 bbnewbie

bbnewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

It is not 'near the airport'. Go toward Guadalajara from Chapala, then follow signs to Mexico/Tonala. You'll be on the approaches to the autopista and want to watch for signs for the new bus station before getting to Tonala.

Actually we need directions to the bus terminal that "houses" Americanos buses that go to Texas from Guadalajara. Any idea which one that is? Are all the buses currently still using the "old" bus terminal in Tonala? I am still confused.

THANKS!

#5 howardF

howardF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:58 AM

Actually we need directions to the bus terminal that "houses" Americanos buses that go to Texas from Guadalajara. Any idea which one that is? Are all the buses currently still using the "old" bus terminal in Tonala? I am still confused.

THANKS!

All long distance buses operate from La Central de Autobuses Nuevo in Tonala. The 5 terminals are arranged around a loop road sort of like JFK airport, but on a smaller scale. I'm not sure which terminal Americanos operates from, but they are well signed from the road and easy to find.

#6 Shira

Shira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

If you are traveling north, there are terminals on Vallarta just off the periferico where the busses stop after leaving Tonala. It cuts an hour off your trip.
Go to the kiosk at Walmart to see about the bus you want. Tell them you want the terminal in Zapopan.
Actually there are 3 terminals in Zapaopan in a row. You enter the one for the bus company you are using.
We took ETN to Puerta Vallarta this way and saved an hour.
Ir is easier to love Mexico than to understand it.

#7 rjkveton

rjkveton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

RVGRINGO gave the the correct information. Even though its been there for more than 10 years that I know of, its still called La Nueva Central. Here's a webpage: of search results and another: of a google map indicating that they use modulo 3, of which I think there are 7 in total.

The bus station in downtown Guadalajara which is for shorter distance routes, such as from/to Chapala, is called La Central Vieja.
I spent most of my teenage years in bars shooting pool. The rest was just wasted.
Warning!!! Please don't feed the trolls.
Thank God we don't get all the government we pay for!!!

#8 cedros

cedros

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • Interests:Genealogy, plants, birds, dogs, the Lake, archeology,construction.

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:33 AM

Confusing. The bus station in downtown Guadalajara is called either La Central Vieja or La Nueva Central.

#9 martygraw

martygraw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

All long distance buses operate from La Central de Autobuses Nuevo in Tonala. The 5 terminals are arranged around a loop road sort of like JFK airport, but on a smaller scale. I'm not sure which terminal Americanos operates from, but they are well signed from the road and easy to find.

There are not 5 terminals, there are 8, and a lot of the US bound buses opperate out of terminal 8. Transporte del Norte goes to Dallas, Larado, Chicago ect. They have a web site.

#10 Shira

Shira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

The terminals just off the periferico on Vallarta service almost all lines. If you are heading north they are your best bet. They are easy to get to and in 5 minutes you are out of the city heading north.
These terminals are not in Tonala nor are they in the center of Guadalajara. They are listed as being in Zapopan.
Ir is easier to love Mexico than to understand it.

#11 elainem

elainem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

If you are traveling north, there are terminals on Vallarta just off the periferico where the busses stop after leaving Tonala. It cuts an hour off your trip.
Go to the kiosk at Walmart to see about the bus you want. Tell them you want the terminal in Zapopan.
Actually there are 3 terminals in Zapaopan in a row. You enter the one for the bus company you are using.

Do the buses stop at these terminals on the way back from Puerto Vallarta also? Thanks in advance.

#12 Alfa

Alfa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:18 PM

Anyone have driving directions to the new bus terminal in Guadalajara "near the airport"?

yes the buses stop at the depots on Vallarta on the return from PV. The depots are not on Vallarta actually as Vallarta ends at the overpass.

#13 jnc

jnc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

My wife and I just did the trip to Mazatlán from the New/Central Terminal in Tonala. We considered the Zapopan terminal as an option but decided it didn't make sense for us, coming from Ajijic. The cab ride would be much longer and more expensive to Zapopan and so we didn't see how we would gain much by it. The stop at Zapopan is very brief (maybe 15 minutes). We traveled by Premiera Plus and yes, they stop at Zapopan both directions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users