#1 jrm30655

jrm30655

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Interests:cooking, fun, interesting women

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:59 AM

One of my Mexican friends said that the Federales picked up (arrested?) the police chief in Chapala and the police chief in Joco last night. Anyone heard anything on this?

#2 Guest_petirroja_*

Guest_petirroja_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

One of my Mexican friends said that the Federales picked up (arrested?) the police chief in Chapala and the police chief in Joco last night. Anyone heard anything on this?

From Notisistema today:

Notisistema Informa.

Policías de Chapala detienen a su jefe por dejar escapar a un sospechoso
El subdirector operativo de la Policía de Chapala, Felipe Gómez Romero fue detenido por sus subordinados luego que dejara escapar a un sospechoso.
El prófugo fue recapturado y sus confesiones permitieron asegurar una fosa donde hay enterrados al menos dos cuerpos.
El delincuente Jerónimo Luna, originario de Michoacán circulaba en un Ford Fusion con una pistola calibre 9 milímetros, con la que hizo disparos al aire y por ello había sido detenido.
Apenas el jueves pasado, presuntos integrantes del Cártel del Milenio detenidos por la Policía estatal reconocieron que la Policía de Chapala les brindaba protección.

#3 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

From Notisistema today:

Notisistema Informa.

Policías de Chapala detienen a su jefe por dejar escapar a un sospechoso
El subdirector operativo de la Policía de Chapala, Felipe Gómez Romero fue detenido por sus subordinados luego que dejara escapar a un sospechoso.
El prófugo fue recapturado y sus confesiones permitieron asegurar una fosa donde hay enterrados al menos dos cuerpos.
El delincuente Jerónimo Luna, originario de Michoacán circulaba en un Ford Fusion con una pistola calibre 9 milímetros, con la que hizo disparos al aire y por ello había sido detenido.
Apenas el jueves pasado, presuntos integrantes del Cártel del Milenio detenidos por la Policía estatal reconocieron que la Policía de Chapala les brindaba protección.

Via google translate

The Deputy Police Force Chapala, Felipe Gómez Romero was arrested for his subordinates after let out a suspect.
The fugitive was recaptured and their confessions possible to ensure a grave where buried at least two bodies.
The offender Jerome Moon, a native of Michoacan driving in a Ford Fusion with a 9 mm pistol, with which he fired into the air and therefore had been arrested.
Just last Thursday, alleged members of the Millennium Cartel arrested by State Police acknowledged that the Police Chapala afforded protection.

So maybe not the police chief?

#4 Guest_petirroja_*

Guest_petirroja_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

WOW!!!!

I checked Twitter - and it is an affirmative on Chapala

Detienen a mando de Policía de Chapala Policías de Chapala, Jalisco, detuvieron a su subdirector operativo luego que dejó escapar

See below; there is a photo of him being apprehended. It actually comes from La Reforma, but I don't have a password for that site. Bascially, what both articles are saying is that he has supported the Milenio Cartel, and allowed a suspect to escape either yesterday or today. The suspect, along with the four Milenio Cartel members caught last week, corroborated the deputy police chief's involvement. One of them also said that there were clandestine "narcofosas" (narco grave) along the libramiento. Only one has been found, with two bodies including a woman's.

http://www.nayaritpu...otas/39846.html

#5 RVGRINGO

RVGRINGO

RVGRINGO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,174 posts
  • Interests:Life in Chapala and Ajijic.

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:38 PM

I read Notisistema this way:

"The Chapala Police are holding their boss for allowing a suspect to escape.
Chapala's Acting Deputy of Police, Felipe Gømez Romero was detained by his subordinates after allowing a suspect to escape.
The fugitive was recaptured and his confessions allowed them to find a grave, in which at least two bodies were buried.
The offender, Jerome Moon, of Michoacan, was driving a Ford Fusion & had a 9mm pistol, which he had been firing into the air. It was that act for which he was arrested.
Just last Thursday, members of the Millennium Cartel, arrested by Jalisco State Police, acknowledged that the Chapala Police were providing them with protection."

#6 Guest_petirroja_*

Guest_petirroja_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:52 PM

Chapala's Acting Deputy of Police, Felipe Gømez Romero was detained by his subordinates after allowing a suspect to escape.
The fugitive was recaptured and his confessions allowed them to find a grave, in which at least two bodies were buried.
The offender, Jerome Moon, of Michoacan, was driving a Ford Fusion & had a 9mm pistol, which he had been firing into the air. It was that act for which he was arrested.
Just last Thursday, members of the Millennium Cartel, arrested by Jalisco State Police, acknowledged that the Chapala Police were providing them with protection."

You're right; it was allegedly stated by the four cartel members and the one who was arrested last night, and then recaptured, that "the Chapala police" were involved. The Reforma article stated that the deputy only loosely manacled the prisoner last night allowing him to easily escape. Other subordinates later detained the deputy because they felt he allowed the escape. So, of course it could be the deputy and or other members of the police force. Perhaps we'll find out eventually if the Police Chief decides we have the need to know....

#7 bournemouth

bournemouth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:45 PM

The guy arrested sounds like the one Mexican friends reported firing from a car on the carretera near San Juan Cosala on Sunday.

#8 Intercasa

Intercasa

Spencer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts
  • Interests:Perito Traductor / Mexican Attorney (Cédula Fed. #7928026), my company helps all to resolve issues 331-556-0828 cell / US 805-683-4848 / Mx 765-7553.

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:06 PM

Story in Spanish on clandestine burial site on libramiento

http://www.informado...-en-chapala.htm
I make good things happen. 765 7553, US 805 683 4848.
El respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz.

#9 Betsy

Betsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

It is going to be very interesting to see what else the sub comandante reveals....Since he squealed about the graves near Tobolandia then he must know an awful lot more.

#10 Bisbee Gal

Bisbee Gal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:41 PM

It is going to be very interesting to see what else the sub comandante reveals....Since he squealed about the graves near Tobolandia then he must know an awful lot more.

THAT'S what they've been digging up in the front of Tobolandia???????

#11 Intercasa

Intercasa

Spencer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,023 posts
  • Interests:Perito Traductor / Mexican Attorney (Cédula Fed. #7928026), my company helps all to resolve issues 331-556-0828 cell / US 805-683-4848 / Mx 765-7553.

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

News reports would indicate the bodies are up a ways from the highway and not Tobolandia but then again, that is assuming the media has it correct.
I make good things happen. 765 7553, US 805 683 4848.
El respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz.

#12 saege007

saege007

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:39 PM

News reports would indicate the bodies are up a ways from the highway and not Tobolandia but then again, that is assuming the media has it correct.

They are indeed much further up the highway from Tobolandia. My parents drove by there this afternoon and saw the forensic truck and all sorts of police cars out there on north side of the highway. About 2/3rds to 1/2 the way between Ajijic and Chapala.

#13 Teadust

Teadust

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:08 AM

They are indeed much further up the highway from Tobolandia. My parents drove by there this afternoon and saw the forensic truck and all sorts of police cars out there on north side of the highway. About 2/3rds to 1/2 the way between Ajijic and Chapala.

That's one location, anyway; it seems the body count's up to five now, from two locations, per article in yesterday's Ochas Columnas (Google translation):

5 corpses found in Rivera de Chapala narcofosas

Guadalajara | EL UNIVERSAL Guadalajara | EL UNIVERSAL

13.22 Agents of the Attorney General of the State of Jalisco (PGEJ) reported finding five bodies in mass graves in the town of Chapala.

The location of the place was after the arrest of five individuals, including Deputy Director of Public Safety in the municipality of Chapala, Felipe Gómez Romero, presumably related to the Millennium cartel.

Derived from the confessions of those arrested, state police investigators and experts from the Institute of Forensic Sciences Jalicience began searching for bodies.

Indicated that in an area near the highway from Chapala to Jocotepec were found three bodies. In a pit were found the bodies of two women whose identity has not been revealed. Unofficially, police investigating reports that both were deprived of their liberty in late September at the intersection of Loop and Mariano Otero south of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. A few meters from the first discovery was located another grave containing the body of a man still unidentified.

Meanwhile, in an area close to town Ajijic two more bodies were found buried.

Elements of civil protection and fire They help to experts in the recovery of human remains.

#14 Mad_Max

Mad_Max

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:20 AM

From - http://www.milenio.com/node/580758 using google translate

Guadalajara.- The arrest of a man in Chapala enabled the authorities to apprehend also the deputy Municipal Police Force, as well as locate three mass graves in which four people were buried.

It all started Tuesday night when the city captured a man named Jerome Moon, 25, who was carrying a 9 mm pistol.

The captors took the detained items to the cells of the corporation, but in an unusual, Felipe Gómez Romero, until then deputy municipal operation, ordered his release, saying it was an acquaintance.

The liberation of man caused discomfort in official, but minutes later, the director of the corporation ordered to apprehend and reaprehendieran Romero Gómez Luna.

Both were made available to investigating officers of the Attorney General of the State, who interrogated.

The men confessed to participating in the burial of four people, three women and one man, who were buried in different parts of the hills that surround the shores of Chapala.

He added that the other three bodies were delivered by people who knew Gomez Romero, but did not know why they were killed.

The man led investigators to the hill located three miles from the junction of the Chapala-Ajijic highway, where two women were buried neighboring Santa Fe fractionation in Tlajomulco de Zuniga.

These victims were identified as Edith Barjas Susana Alvarado, 19, and her cousin Erika Anabel Sánchez Alvarado, 30.

The latter was a girlfriend of Jesus Hermosillo Gutierrez, who reportedly had links to organized crime and was found slain on the road to Chapala few months ago.

The detainee stated that he had buried meters above another woman who killed himself because he felt betrayed, but did not explain the reasons.

Then the man led the officers to the village of Ajijic, where they took the street Galeana, in the fractionation Mission del Lago, where the detainee said he buried a man who was dismembered.

The bodies of the victim, who was a neighbor of Chapala, were scattered on the road leading to the hill of the antennas, over a mile. Authorities said the bodies will undergo an autopsy to determine the cause of death.

Part of an article from the informador

In the gap known as the road to Jagüey so far have been found in two narcofosas the bodies of three women on the slopes of a hill adjacent to the path mentioned.

The gap in question is located at kilometer three in the Chapala-Ajijic warrant in the town of San Antonio Tlayacapan. http://www.informado...-en-chapala.htm

#15 Chapala Payaso

Chapala Payaso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:16 AM

www.dallasdigestforum.com/forum2/79543.html

#16 Travis

Travis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

About 2/3rds to 1/2 the way between Ajijic and Chapala.

I saw them up in that area yesterday also, between Tec Superior and the new Tire place. At least that's where I noticed a State Police truck parked in the shade.

#17 Betsy

Betsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:47 AM

This morning on televisa the comandante was interviewed, he did not have much to say , he was bouncing his foot while he gave the interview. Said he was surprised.

The news report said....and all the ones I have seen have been different...that a body was found on Clle. Galeana in Ajijic , one near mission del lago/behind tobolandia and two off the highway between Chapala and Ajijic. They also said that the comandante had been implied and was being investigated.

It would be nice to know what is true and what is not....

I wonder who is actually protecting us.

#18 solajijic

solajijic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,347 posts
  • Interests:Same visual and different reactions.

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:13 AM

This morning on televisa the comandante was interviewed, he did not have much to say , he was bouncing his foot while he gave the interview. Said he was surprised.

The news report said....and all the ones I have seen have been different...that a body was found on Clle. Galeana in Ajijic , one near mission del lago/behind tobolandia and two off the highway between Chapala and Ajijic. They also said that the comandante had been implied and was being investigated.

It would be nice to know what is true and what is not....

I wonder who is actually protecting us.

There has never been anyone protecting you or your belongings. It's all an illusion.

#19 DonMac

DonMac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 11:42 AM

You pay your maids and gardeners more than you do the police, so I'm not sure what kind of protection you expect.

#20 Guest_petirroja_*

Guest_petirroja_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

Well, i don't know about "protection", but the municipal police are basically to "prevent" crime...which is just as much an illusion as sol said. And I do agree with donmac, maids and gardeners etc. do perceive higher salaries...had this discussion with my housekeeper just yesterday and she is very aware of this situation.

Also, some of you might be interested in this info. I realize others of you aren't. A friend of mine who is somewhat of an activist, told me yesterday what she
observed and personally experienced during the Virgen del Rosario celebrations on the plaza.

While there, in the evening, she saw municipal police circulating and without reason, detaining young men around the plaza. In one instance police became
abusive against two youths and began to take them away. One boy's girlfriend was crying and carrying on, and one of the police punched her on
the side of the face. They took the boys. My friend went up to the girl and her family and said they must denounce this, but of course they did not.

She was so disgusted and upset by what she'd observed, that she started home. At Tempisque she saw her 16 yr old son and a friend. She stopped and asked
where they were going...he said to the plaza. Mom told them what was happening,and that perhaps they shouldn't go...but her son said there's just the two of
us, we won't do anything wrong and don't worry, and she drove off. An hour later her older son called to say his brother was in jail.

His father went to Chapala. He asked why they had picked up the boys, since presumably they had done nothing. They said something like 'we are the preventive police
so when we see a few kids together we should prevent the possibility of anything happening'. He asked them to release the boys and was told "300 pesos" each. The
father said if they haven't done anything, why would I need to pay you? Policeman asked do you want them NOW, or sometime in the future? So dad paid,
the kids were released and they went home. The son told them he thought there were a good 27 young men in his small cell, a lot of them he knew, all just normal good
kids, and another 25-30 in the cell next to them...picked up in and around the area of the celebrations for the most part. And each costing 300p to get out.

Great way to make money and keep the peace, no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users