Chapala.com Webboard

Beer Garden in Chapala

TBMascot

Some friends and I went to the Beer Garden in Chapala last Sat afternoon. The place right at the entrance to the malacon. I'm not exagerating when I say that for me, this was the nicest restaurant experience since living here. They remodeled the place extensively. It's ultra clean. The service was better than just good. Food presentation was xceptional. A real stocked and neat bar. Open kitchen that was clean. The food was ultra quality. Yes it's expensive compared to some of the "regular" places but you get what you pay for.

Terrific for a special occasion.

Oh yeah- - -the restrooms were spotless and had attendants.

Setting is excellent. Food is ok. Service is poor. I really don't know why it takes them 20 to 30 minutes to do anything whether it be serving food, drinks or the check. We usually order 2 drinks at a time or a bucket of beers as we know we will be waiting.

I noticed many people working there but organization is poor. They don't pay their people much and maybe the workers aren't motivated.

It is a nice spot with the view. I'll still go back with visitors but even my Mexican friends comment on the slow service.

• 1 year later...

Part of why I love this web board is that there are so many different opinions. We may have to give this restaurant another try. We thought the location was good; our service was also good. We didn't have good meals. Not sure what my husband ordered, I just know he thought it was about a 'C'. I ordered chile rellenos; I didn't enjoy their version of my favorite dish. But, sometimes it's the chef ... sometimes it's the taster's mood. We may just have to try it again.

Carol

Archived