Chapala.com Webboard

Safe Motels near Juarez or Santa Teresa border crossing

buckeyegeek

We will be driving from Colorado Springs to Ajijic in January, and wonder if anyone knows of a safe motel on the Mexican side of either the Cuidad Juarez or the Santa Teresa border crossings. Looking for one of those walled motel complexes, with either a garage door or a curtain we can park our vehicle behind; as we will have items packed on the roof and on a platform behind our SUV. We made this drive @ 7 years ago and crossed at Santa Teresa, but thought we could save some time going directly through Juarez. Thanks in advance for your help.

My advice is.... don't go right through Juarez.

And out at the Santa Teresa crossing, there is NOTHING.... that's baren country. You could cross there, and then head back east on hiway 2 towards the southern part of Juarez. Out where 2 intersects with your 45 going south, there is I'm pretty sure a no-tell called La Finca on the NW corner of that big intersection.

I drive down from Colorado also, but I cross at Presidio Tx. There is a nice motel there (3 Palms Inn) that I have stayed at before. I think it would be pretty safe for your belongings. Then you cross there (easy immigration & Aduana... all in one building) and head towards/pick up 45 Cuota south at Jimenez Mx.

Archived