Chapala.com Webboard

Magic Jack plus Blue Light blinking

sm1mex

Our MJ plus has 4 lights. The blue light is constant. the single green light on the end (indicating ethernet connection) blinks about once every 3 seconds when the MJ is not in use. About 2 seconds after I hang up the phone, it blinks several times. Red and green lights next to the blue light flash on and off with a regular 1 sec beat .

What kind of blinking are you getting? Is is a constant frequency, or is it intermittent?

Plugging it in to you computer's USB port to test it works to test the MJ.

If you have downloaded MJ software onto the computer, then plugging into the computer will show you whether the MJ is successfully connecting to the internet and downloading your Contact List.

I had the flashing blue light problem 2 weeks ago. Went online with MJ Support and the first thing they said was that the power adapter - the part that plugs into the wall that you plug the MJPlus into) was faulty.

They suggested using any other one that I had around. I tried the one that I use to plug my BlackBerry USB cord into when charging and the MJ Plus worked. They were right.

Try it !

We have tried another adapter from our iPad and it still wouldn't work. Magic jack is sending us another one free but we will have to pay shipping and duty on it, but oh well, at least we will get another one.

We have all types of power strips, voltage regulator things hooked up but perhaps a surge came through and blew it out.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Archived