Chapala.com Webboard

Rainfall this season

The amount depends on what area you are talking about. In my part of San Juan Cosala we've had 11.3 inches since April.

Yes. I live in upper Ajijic and have a great view of much of the lake. Or I had. It's raining in every direction quite hard and I can't see over the lake or to the east to San Antonio or to the West to San Juan Cosala.

YEA I love it :)

Last Tues I had a dentist apt and the power was off so I could neither take a shower or open the gate to drive out. I rescheduled for this morning and sure enough - - - but when the first lightning bolt hit and I heard a sizzle in on my phone I grabbed the car keys and drove out the front gate and parked outside. Nice rain and per the new weather site we made it to 9.0" for the month, so good news. When I drove into the Village for my apt it looked like more than in Riberas. Rancho del Oro shows .28" so maybe we're over the "drought"?

Hey maw7815. Try going directly to that weather page rather than through the LCS to get there, You will see much more information to include better information about how much it rained last July, which was. Try going here: http://www.chapalaweather.net/

I think you will like it better. You will see that the 9 inches is the perceived average for July but that it actually rained 5.46 inches at that same weather station last year.

I think you will like the direct link much better.

Pete

We returned from our 6 months on the beach in La Manzanilla in June. Based on my rain gauge, we have had over 14" of rain starting measurements on June 20th. But the fall off over the last 8 days is discouraging to say the least. Let's hope for much much more for the lake.

What IS going on with the rain these last 2 weeks? Isn't this rather odd to have so many days of no rain in July? Are the storms on strike?

Archived