Chapala.com Webboard

Traditional Local Foods

CHILLIN

I have posted this before, but not here. This is a food blog about traditional local foods and village lifestyle in a small town in northern Jalisco. This would be very similar to Chapala/Jocotepec. This the blueprint as to how people have lived healthily for many 100's of years, and telling as how it collapsed so quickly with the introduction of fizzy liquid candy and heavily processed foods.

https://forums.egullet.org/topic/138641-gastronomic-traditions-in-municipio-union-de-san-antonio-jalisco/

Good article!

Today our menu was.

Breakfast,chilaquiles.

Comida,carnitas,frijoles de la olla,nopales and of course tortillas.

Postre,carrot cake.

All prepared in the house except for the carnitas.

I ate the best cocido I've ever eaten TODAY at the restaurant Milagros de Dalila--formerly known as Burritos de Moyahua. The chico (61 pesos) was too much too eat, with plenty of delicious meat, potatoes, carrots, calabacita, chayote, garbanzos, etc. The broth was richly beefy. The bowl of cocido came with a plate of red rice, chopped onion and cilantro, limones, and a special salsa just for the soup. It's up the airport highway less than half way to the airport. Get it now, while the weather is cool. If I were still in town, I'd go back tomorrow. Delicious!

Archived