Chapala.com Webboard

Computer Problem

Alfa

I have a new frustration that has inflicted itself on every one of my browsers. When I open either IE or Firefox or Google, a screen opens in an apparently normal manner but it is titled "¡StartStuff". In the middle of the screen is the usual Google search field but below that are 14 icons for easy access. Some are recognizeable but some are weird games I have never heard of. How can this be eliminated? My malware fighter says there is no malware present. It alsos comes with its own music that consists of a dozen bars of orchestral music that repeat continually until you close the browser.

Apart from the Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, or Programs and Features in Windows 7 Control Panel... type msconfig in your Search tool after clicking the Start button/marble, and look in the Startup list, deselecting anything with the same name. Also check in AddOns and Toolbars in both browsers for something with the same name, and you will also need to change your Start Page settings again.

About a year ago I had a problem with a program that got loaded in with one that I wanted. The one I didn't want would load ads on the computer screen every two or three minutes while I was on the computer, drove me nuts. It took me about 3 months to finally find the problem and it was in one of the toolbars. I just happened to run across a little program called Toolbar Cleaner and this program got rid of my problem. Oh, this program that loaded in ads was not listed in the uninstall program of the computer.

I learned to look very carefully through all the steps while loading in a new program from off the Internet.

Hope this helps

Thank you all for the suggestions. I too got those nasty Little ads that just kept coming but my malware cleaner got rid of them for me. It does not seem to recognize the start up fault though so I will look for a toolbar cleaner.

While we're on the subject, I do have a little issue someone may have encountered. In addition to my antivirus (BitDefender) I use Malwarebytes. On occasion throughout the day, especially while watching a tv show or something, I'll receive popups from Malwarebytes saying it's blocked an incoming harmful process. Most often, these are listed svchost with a variety of different IPs. However, svchost is an internal system, so I'm confused.

Archived