Chapala.com Webboard

what happens if you die in Mexico as a resident?

Garth

I am able to consult with you and plan. We draw up wills as well as have bodies released and file about one probate case per month in the local courts. We have dealt with many situations and most can be planned for to make it easier for your family, friends and heirs at the end.

I did a postgraduate class in notarial law and am doing an internship at a Notary that is registered with the College of Notaries and the Jalisco State Secretary of Government so notary charges the same and I get the experience so I am doing it through a notary who reviews my work, makes comments and then is present for the final signing, I do wills, deeds, beneficiary changes and other notarial documents.

OP, you will do much better spending a few minutes with Spencer than you will at an LCS "lecture." In the past, many such presentations at LCS have be, a) full of erroneous information and B) an advert for someone selling services. e.g. the post-life planning "consultant" they presented a few years back. There's no free lunch or free legal advice that's worth a damn.

Thanks guys. I dont sleep much but do prefer the notarial stuff to neighbor squabbles. I have learned alot about death, hospitals, bodies, probate, wills, changing of beneficiaries and deeds and the like. It wasnt my intention but life happens and I needed to help people out and after more than 100 cases in the past 2 years Im quite good at it.

LCS is good for the funeral stuff, to prepare basic papers and purchase a cremation package.

OP, you will do much better spending a few minutes with Spencer than you will at an LCS "lecture." In the past, many such presentations at LCS have be, a) full of erroneous information and B) an advert for someone selling services. e.g. the post-life planning "consultant" they presented a few years back. There's no free lunch or free legal advice that's worth a damn.

Excuse me ,

Notaria Publica 2 , Luis Enrique Ramos Bustillos, with office in Calle del Parque Ote # 60, Chula Vista, 766-0190 has provided excellent presentations and speaks good English.

Perhaps to should attend the next presentations and report back.

If I recall correctly September is the month for discounts on wills?

Yes, September is discounted will month. Every person has a different situation and while presentations cover things in general, people need answers and advice that suit their specific situation, and at presentations you will not have all your deeds and documents on hand nor will a speaker be able to review them on the spot.

Yes, September is discounted will month. Every person has a different situation and while presentations cover things in general, people need answers and advice that suit their specific situation, and at presentations you will not have all your deeds and documents on hand nor will a speaker be able to review them on the spot.

"Discounted will month?" That is a bit bizarre. Por que, so people can get ready for "You are going to die month?" :-p Okay, joking aside, because death is very serious business.

How much of a discount are we talking about? And what is the usual non-discounted price the rest of the year?

I will call your office Spencer to set up an appt. IN SEPTEMBER to start the process.

Gracias!

Normally wills are 2,500 to 3,000 pesos for a basic will and during September are 1,500 to 1,800 pesos.

I can only do Jalisco, however if you need anything in SMA I will be there tomorrow at the civil court in the morning.

Month when Independence Day is.

Archived