Chapala.com Webboard

Vet Recommendations for Large Dogs

I would recommend Dr Daniel Borrego at the clinic next to Soriana. 765 7060 Daniel is a big man whose size intimidates the dogs and then his gentle manner calms them.

Another suggestion would be Dr Luis across from El Torito. He has helped very successfully with the Ranch dogs who are mostly medium to large and is also a large, strong man.

Dr. Berenice takes care of all our dogs, including our 3 larger and one older dog.

Her office IS fully equipped with x-ray, sonogram, lab (the only test sent out is the complete blood count) and physical rehab for older animals.

We have used many of the other vets here and have found her to be the best suited for us and our 12 animals. Our older Shepherd needed to see the Ortho Dr. in Guad and she took her and had the procedure done. We could not have been happier with Dr. Berenice. We are very happy to have someone as skilled, caring as well as reasonably priced here at Lakeside.

We have been using Dr. Berenice since she opened. We have also used many of the other vets here and we are very pleased with her. I think that it is a good thing that we have the options that we did not have 8 or 9 years ago.

She is open Mon - Fri 9 til 5, Sat til 2PM - she does live locally and have called her on several occasions after hours with no problem.

People must decide for themselves which Dr. be it human or animal that is best for their needs. So far she has fit the bill perfectly for us.

My vote is for Dra. Berenice too. None better, and her assistant is an MD!

I know, we just love Dr. Carla - both her and Dr. Berenice are wonderful with our animals.

Today a woman came in to get her beloved cats ashes and she was so sad and crying. I wanted to tell her that we lost several of our fur babies and that the pain would ease a bit as time goes on. Dr. Berenice was sitting with her and comforting her. I felt so bad for her, she almost had me in tears. Its the compassion that is shown by these two woman that shines.

My little pup ran a temp after her puppy shot and wasn't eating or drinking. She needed intervenous fluids and antibiotics. I refused to leave her overnight at Dr. Berenice's office if no one was there so she took her home with her. Dr. Berenice called me that night and the next morning before I went to pick her up. I recommend her and so does Precious.

Archived