Chapala.com Webboard

Tequila, Jalisco

David Haun

On our next tour of Mexico, the four brothers want to go to Tequila for the night. It is a Puebla Magico and should be interesting. Not interested in the "train" nor commuting from Guadalajara. Anyone have suggestions for hotel and sights. Gracias, David

Hotel Plaza Jardin, located right on the plaza is a nice, clean, inexpensive place to stay. We like it because of its central location, really Tequila is a different town after the day-trippers have left for the day. Just charming.

http://www.hotelplazajardin.com/espanol.htm where you can reserve on line.

I've always used there phone to reserve. Telephone numbers are: 01-374-74-20061, 24000 and 24001

In either case a bit of Spanish will be helpful.

I have not stayed at LA COFRADÍA on the grounds of the tequila factory of the same name, but it is supposed to be charming and very good, and of course a bit more expensive.

http://www.tequilacofradia.com.mx/

On our next tour of Mexico, the four brothers want to go to Tequila for the night. It is a Puebla Magico and should be interesting. Not interested in the "train" nor commuting from Guadalajara. Anyone have suggestions for hotel and sights. Gracias, David

Right off the plaza tere is a large seafood restaurant with a huge selction of Tequila. Tequila has good seafood restaurants as they get first choice from the trucks on their way to the Guadalajara market.

Right off the plaza tere is a large seafood restaurant with a huge selction of Tequila. Tequila has good seafood restaurants as they get first choice from the trucks on their way to the Guadalajara market.

Any chance you remember the name of the restaurant? We have friends coming and I love the information about staying in Tequila. We could all have a lot more tequila that way :)

Any chance you remember the name of the restaurant? We have friends coming and I love the information about staying in Tequila. We could all have a lot more tequila that way :)

No way I will remember the name, It may be on the west side about 1/2 block off the plaza. It is a very large place so people on the plaza can tell you where there is a large seafood restaurant with a large selection of Tequilas.

No "one or two blocks tequila" in this place.

• 6 months later...

We were in Tequila this past week and stayed at the Plaza Jardin. We enjoyed staying at the hotel and had a queen bed room on the third floor. There is an elevator.

The two rooms overlooking the plaza were 800 pesos each and ours was 560 pesos.

The hotel is one block from the Jose Cuervo distillery.

The "seafood restaurant" is called Restaurant El Marinero and is located 1/2 block north of the plaza - on the street running behind the cathedral. I'd recommend this restaurant as well.

Archived