Chapala.com Webboard

Chucha

Betsy

What does ¨Chucha¨ mean and in what context is it used?

I know that it is a girls nick-name, a dog, don´t really understand the saying about ¨chucha de cuero¨ but sort of get it. I think it might sort of translate into something like ¨a bummer¨ but I´m not sure.

I often hear in converstion ...La chucha es...or ¨que chucha¨...so far no one has explained it in a waty that I understand.

I know that it is also used as a groseria, a part of the female anatomy but I don't really need to know about that.

I know that it is a girls nick-name, a dog, don´t really understand the saying about ¨chucha de cuero¨ but sort of get it. I think it might sort of translate into something like ¨a bummer¨ but I´m not sure.

I often hear in converstion ...La chucha es...or ¨que chucha¨...so far no one has explained it in a waty that I understand.

I know that it is also used as a groseria, a part of the female anatomy but I don't really need to know about that.

Bitch. Not you, that's how chucha is used.

• 2 weeks later...

In some Spanish-speaking countries, the word for that part of female anatomy is chOcha.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a useful site:

http://www.mexicoguru.com/mexican-slang.php

It does not have that word but has many others. I notice that the meanings of some very offensive words are softend somewhat for sensitive gringo (potential RE customers ears).

Also, my paperback Peoples Guide to Mexico has a good list of slang words and shows a chart of hand signs / signals also.

http://www.peoplesguide.com/mexico/

It is always nice to be able to understand what people around you are saying.

• 6 months later...

Weeds DVD is so wonderful. It's in that self reflective nature that the show brings in a wholly unexpected emotional level. The finale here is not necessarily shocking in terms of plot, Desperate Housewives DVD but shocking for what Nancy does emotionally, when you see it, you will never think she had it in her. Season Six of Weeds is decidedly different in almost every aspect, but it also brings all of the shows past seasons into a greater light. Cold Case DVD Since we finally get to really see what is going on under the surface with Nancy, Andy, Silas, Shane and yes, even Doug, we begin to understand their past (before the show started), their actions during the series and then how they react during Season Six. With the writing in such top form, the acting is even better. Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD Mary-Louise Parker is as riveting and unlikeable as ever as Nancy Botwin (though the frustration you feel with her during the season is specifically calculated and snaps into focus during the finale). Justin Kirk really takes the front seat as a father figure and leader, The L Word DVD being the emotional ground for which the family stands. Season Six also has a fantastic array of guest stars including Linda Hamilton, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, a very memorable and funny Richard Dreyfuss and a slew of returning cast members from previous seasons.

Buy Cheap DVD

I don't watch this show, so how does it relate to the conversation on Mexican slang?

• 7 months later...

When someone says chucha it's a kinda "nice" way of saying Bitch, if you don't want to sound that vulgar you use chucha, but if you really want to get all out, you say perra!

The meaning of both words is the same as in Bitch. Chucha and perra can be both said playfully in conversation, but perra is more offensive than chucha.

• 4 months later...

First of all guys, Chucha is the "nickname" for some mexican girl whose name is "Jesusa", the same for Chucho, whos name is Jesus.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived