Chapala.com Webboard

Help finding boonjawelos :-)

ericurmudgeon

Hiho, I am in desperate need of help in finding these delicious treats. I know the spelling is totally out to lunch but what I am looking for is those wheel shaped sugar coated very delicate pastries. I want to take some home and I need to eat some soon. (addicted) I found some at the Tuesday market but no luck today. Please help!! Thanks.

I guess it doesn't help for you to know that Goiti (pastry/deli) in Guadalajara pretty much always has them? There's also a woman at the organic market on Tuesdays who brings them each week - most often they're the type made with a mould dipped in batter and then fried - they look like flowers but they are still called buñuelos.

I guess it doesn't help for you to know that Goiti (pastry/deli) in Guadalajara pretty much always has them? There's also a woman at the organic market on Tuesdays who brings them each week - most often they're the type made with a mould dipped in batter and then fried - they look like flowers but they are still called buñuelos.

I probably am not up for a trip to Guad yet. The Tuesday market was a bust today. :-( That is where I scored them last week. At least I know how to spell the name now. :-) thanks.

You are on a pretty bad seasson for buñuelos, they are very popular during Christmas seasson. But you can always find them. Look on sundays around the main churches, sometimes they have them (the guys that sells churros). Also you can try the packed version of "Bimbo", you can find them anywhere, and they taste good, (At least I like them)... Good luck!

Archived