Chapala.com Webboard

Pool Questions: Clean Cover & Zeolite Refresh

mkshawn

1st Simple question: How to keep my pool cover clean. When wet it is great when dry it looks like I do not care. Tried scrubbing etc nothing seems to remove, eliminate the water staining & calcium deposits. This is not a salt water pool, my water is softened.

2nd Simple question: Our pool filter uses Zeolite as the filtration medium. Some literature suggests that the medium, the zeolite needs an annual refresh using a salt solution? Anyone out there with previous experience or a recommended service provider? Tks

Dirty pool covers are so ugly. About once a month when I take it off the pool I hose it off with pretty good pressure as I'm taking it off. To clean it before I retire it in the summer I spread it out on the lawn and scrub it with a brush and soapy water.

Dirty pool covers are so ugly. About once a month when I take it off the pool I hose it off with pretty good pressure as I'm taking it off. To clean it before I retire it in the summer I spread it out on the lawn and scrub it with a brush and soapy water.

How well does this work? We are getting ready to buy a new one and I want to try and make sure we start off right keeping it clean if possible.

How well does this work? We are getting ready to buy a new one and I want to try and make sure we start off right keeping it clean if possible.

It works pretty well. It would work better if I did it more often.

Archived