Chapala.com Webboard

Intercom with picture

bezerk

Hi, I need a new intercom, doorbell, picture item. The older ones had a phone piece inside now I guess just a screen.

Wondering on suggestions on where is best place to look for these.

The one I have now is wired but wireless might be even better ? No?

Any and all suggestions welcome. Locally or even in Guadalajara.

Happy Holidays and thank you in advance.

I was net surfing and found many intercoms which will work 2 way to your iPhone/Smartphone. You can also network in cameras, motion detectors. Access anywhere in your house or the world. Wireless seems like a good idea until you have to change a battery. I have had problems in the past with inexpensive equipment made in Asia. Lots of bugs and no customer support. Western Europe and the U.S.A. make the best home security products these days. I would guess that you will have to pay the premium and get it shipped from the internet.

While on this topic, again these home defence videos I am watching, recommends that you upgrade the peephole in your door to a 1 inch "wide angle" lens model. You can see much more what is outside your door, even 7 feet away from the peephole. They are about $30 U.S. on Amazon. He also recommends "Door Braces", at about the same price. They have to be drilled into the floor and the plate goes in at night. There is also a model for sliding patio doors.

Check Home Depot. When we were in the market for a new system we saw several different models at Home Depot. Most had screens, some in color. We opted to hire a company to install a Commax system, which we are very pleased with. Our street door is some distance from the house and it's nice to know who's ringing the doorbell.

The systems are out there, and you owe it to yourself to look at the Home Depot options and then do a quick Google search to learn more about them.

If there are companies who install security systems in the area, I would contact them about installation and prices. We had a wired system, but wireless would be simpler to install, though probably more expensive..

Nancy in Pátzcuaro

Thanks all am going to check Costco tomorrow.

Home Depot maybe another day.

I cannot seem to find the one mentioned on amazon.mx ( I have worst time on that site) .

Canmex87 per chance do you have link to it???

Thanks all. ( I presently have wired one which has retired, so wired is okay just thinking wireless might be better. )

Thanks all am going to check Costco tomorrow.

Home Depot maybe another day.

I cannot seem to find the one mentioned on amazon.mx ( I have worst time on that site) .

Canmex87 per chance do you have link to it???

Thanks all. ( I presently have wired one which has retired, so wired is okay just thinking wireless might be better. )

Just place this in the Amazon mx search section and they will show what they have available.

intercomunicador con imagen

Archived