Chapala.com Webboard

Peyote cream

There is a family that has a table in the plaza in Chapala that sells it. They have the pomada and the aceite (oil). That stuff works really great on aches and pains. It's usually around $25pesos.

Works better than Flanax for aches and pains?

Works better than Flanax for aches and pains?

Flanax is same as Aleve, correct? For me, it definitely works better, mainly because I am very allergic to Naproxen Sodium. I also can't take NSAIDS for pain as they rip up my stomach. I have fibromyalgia and since I don't have a lot of options for pain management, the aceite de peyote works great for me. In fact, recently I have had a bad bout of flare-ups from the fibro and while usually a paracetamol will work, it wasn't working. Rubbing the peyote onto the sore spots was the only thing that relieved the pain, for me.

I would liken it to using something like Flexall 454 or BenGay.

I've been buying this stuff for years. Originally found it at Farmacia Guadalajara in Ajijic, when I went for more later was told they don't carry it, as it is a 'controlled substance' (yeah, sure!). Have always been able to find it in the Ajijic tianguis, about halfway down from the carretera on the left, a lady has two tables covered in jars of various lotions and potions. Pomada de Peyote is 12p and well worth it. Have given it to friends with chronic muscle & back pain who swear by it. It stinks something fierce but just don't use it on your face and that shouldn't be a problem. And contrary to popular belief, smearing it on aching bod will not get you a contact high!

• 5 months later...

Archived