Chapala.com Webboard

Seeking 4XL or 5XL dresses

I haven't seen any large sizes in Guad, although there is a new store at Galerias Mall, that is supposed to have women's sizes. It us called H & M. There is also a tienda near Christina Park that carries larger sizes in Mexican dresses, it's called Alicia's, I believe.

Have you considered a beach coverup? The stall on the Chapala malecon that is closest to the fish restaurants sells them when last I looked. Mine is 54" around the hips. Not sure that is big enugh, but it is a thought, and easy to get on if she can raise her arms. Mine is a polyester paisley print, quite acceptable as a dress. She can always wear a shawl if she is going someplace cold.

Alicia's across from the East end of the Chapala Malecon sells a few dress styles that would be likely to fit plus sized people. They are cotton, A loose "muu muu" style in some pretty solid colors.

Caveat: I have bought blouses from there and some of the fabrics are unstable dyes which need to be washed the first time separately in cold water and vinegar to avoid fading into other clothes. Alicia will tell you which is which. The "Dunes" brands don't fade.

Archived