Chapala.com Webboard

Crossing the border by foot returning by air

elpind

We have permante visas and will be crossing the border at Tijuana at the end of this month. We will be returning via air to GDL airport. What do we need to do at TJ to ensure an easy return at the GDL airport. Do we sign out at immigration, do nothing or ?. If we need to check out at TJ can you tell me where we need to go. Thanks in advance.

Returning by air from the US I assume. You cannot get your passport stamped "out" [of Mexico] at the INM desk at the TJ airport, I don´t think, at least for tourist FMMs can't be handed in or Passport stamped "out" in the past. You are still in Mexico. They stamp you "in" and give FMMs to tourists at the airport who are flying from the TJ airport to inside Mexico.

You will have to go to the INM office on the border at either the San Ysidro [downtown TJ crossing] or the Otay Mesa crossing [near the TJ airport]. There they will stamp you "out" and give you a FMM and keep 1/2 and the other 1/2 you hand into the INM officer in Guadalajara and have them stamp you "in" on your passport.

Archived