Chapala.com Webboard

Make Molly's Day! New Forever Home Needed

Posting for a friend who doesn't use webboards.

Could not follow photo instructions :010: but photos will be posted Thursday morning by a better computer person than I!

Mom's story: 90 years old, has driven down for years to winter in her La Floresta home, bringing her locally adopted Mex-mix. This year she FLEW so opted to leave dog at home with family (to avoid stressful air travel).

But Mom got lonesome so wanted to help a dog in need while satisfying her own desires.

Molly's story: Seen running with pack of dogs near a Pemex station (might have been her own puppies??). Captured by a local shelter group. Dog was TERRIFIED of people and had obviously been mistreated. In her current state of mind would never have been an adoption candidate, so shelter broke normal "no temporary adoptions to snowbirds" rules and agreed to allow Mom to take her home in order to try and re-socialize her.

HOWEVER, stipulation was that dog never be returned to shelter. And since taking her back to U.S. is NOT an option (Mom's new health issues, home situation, etc.), Mom is already experiencing sleepless nights, worried to death about how to find a home for Molly.

Mom leaves April 20, but wants to start right away to find a forever home for this timid, shy, but loving little dog. She will give her up immediately to the right person, as her greatest fear is what happens by April 19.........

Molly's details/progress since last Fall:

Breed etc
: Appears to be Corgi x Australian Cattle dog. Short legs. Approx. 12 - 14 inches at shoulder. Age approx. 3 years? Mom was told "has had all shots" and is trying to learn more specifics.

At first, attempts to touch her resulted in flinching and running away to hide. Now she greets Mom at door with wriggling, happy joy BUT is still shy of strangers. Once she gets to know Mom's main friends, she's happy to see/greet them but so far they cannot pet her.

Arrived housebroken -- asks to go out if Mom gets busy and forgets. If she does have an accident, it's always in the same place, and because she's waited too long.

Arrived leash trained -- so must have been a pet at some time. Walks well with 90-yr old Mom and does not object or react if unleashed dogs approach when walking on leash.

Crate trained -- and is very happy to spend time there when required, or if something frightens her.

Will bark at unusual noises outside, but is not a "yapper" and is mostly quiet.

Has no interest in toys and/or treats of any kind.

Has been kept in house / back enclosed yard. But one day when escaped by accident, came back when gardener whistled at her!

Is very afraid of Mexican men although getting better with gardener over time.

Will ride in car without freaking out (but does tremble a lot).

Mom does not allow on furniture. If she gets up, Mom says "no" and she gets down on her own. When family visited, this rule was broken and Molly got up on sofa and snuggled with her "aunt"!

Mom's Plea: This little girl needs a dog-knowledgeable, quiet, patient parent(s) who will give her the time she needs to make yet another adjustment in her life and have a "forever" home. Your reward will be a pretty, wonderful little house dog who is happy and playful when around the one(s) she knows and has come to trust.

Please direct all inquiries direct to Mom Shirley 766-3376.

PLEASE HELP FIND THIS LITTLE DOG THE HOME SHE NEEDS AND DESERVES.

To all who read my first post, I apologize. Apparently the facts as told to me by the lady who has the dog , were not entirely correct.

The original shelter DOES consider the dog a "foster child" and is willing to take her back when Shirley leaves. I am not sure where the

confusion arose, and did not mean to ruffle any feathers.

That said, it would still be in the dog's best interest to have a new forever home, so please see if you can help find her one!

"Mom" is 90 years old, so it is understandable if the story got confused in the retelling.

I hope that if I am still on the planet at 90 I have the energy to foster a dog and try to find it a forever home.

Even though Molly would be welcomed back at the shelter, of course we all hope she will instead be in a home of her own by then.

Thank you Natasha for helping out in this situation.

I would just add that I have had frequent contact with the dog prior to the foster. I groomed her, played with her and observed her. "Mollie" was shy, clearly not an alpha, but I would never call her "terrified". She is a sweet, friendly,affectionate little dog who is probably always going to be a bit shy. Her confidence level could improve with time and training. She has been spayed and is current on her shots. And she would be forever grateful for a forever home with someone who needs a pleasant walking companion and good lap warmer.

Listen up people. Mollie is still looking for a forever or a foster home. She can, of course, come back to the Ranch, but she is doing so well in a home environment, we would love to find her a new home.

Mollie is a little love sponge. She is a perfect size for someone who wants a smaller dog but not a little yappy. She will be a loving companion and loyal friend. So what are you waiting for?

Please call Shirley to arrange to meet Mollie 766-3376

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Goldie AKA Mollie is back at The Ranch and seemed happy to see her old friends. Tail was wagging a mile a minute. She will make someone a wonderful companion. She is low maintenance, doesn't shed a lot, and has a short Australian Cattle Dog type coat. Think small "Red Heeler" with short legs. She is shy but friendly and very affectionate. Perfect for a older person who doesn't want a little yappy but prefers a smaller, easier to manage lap dog. She loves to walk on leash and doesn't pull or drag. Please contact The Ranch for more information.

http://www.lakesidespayandneutercenter.com/

Archived