Chapala.com Webboard

Coming Down For A Holiday

Were snowbirds from B.C Canada flying out of Phoenix for 2 week tryout in Lake Chapala and Ajjiji ? area. First time there and would like info if Canadian passport only required identification we have drivers license as well as Care card [Medical] also bringing tennis rackets for possible games. Last 2 weeks of February. Will also be hunting for 2 BR 2 Bath house for sublease. Thanks in advance for any info.

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking, but the only reason I can think of you'd need a driver's license is if you plan to drive. I don't think your Canadian medical card will be of any use. You'll be issued a tourist visa upon entering the country. That and your passport should be all you'll need. Make sure to keep the tourist visa, as you need to turn it in when you leave the country. There are plenty of tennis courts around.

Also, to save yourselves some time after you get here you might want to contact a realtor now and discuss with him/her what your needs are regarding the house you might want to rent in the future. They can give you pertinent information about the different areas of Lakeside and their pros and cons that you can be considering. Then, you could also look on line at some of the rental offerings that the agent may recommend. That way you would have some ground work laid and leave a little more time for playing tennis :)

Since you are arriving by air: there will be visa and custom forms to complete. Often the forms are given to you at check-in or by the flight personnel, but if that doesn't happen, there will be forms available once you are in the immigration room at the airport in GDL. You need to have the address for where you will be staying in Ajijic. You might want to do a google search for "mexico customs and immigration" and click on the result that looks like this: http://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/reinounido as it discusses the do's and don'ts of entering Mexico as a visitor.

Archived