Chapala.com Webboard

Amnesty

Sonia

1. Person must have been in Mexico before Nov 9, 2012

2. Person can not have left Mexico since Nov 9, 2012

3. Complete 2 pages of application on-line

4. Passport must be current

5. Proof you were in Mexico prior to Nov 9, 2012 such as: passport stamp, expired FMM or visa; bus ticket; utility bill (CFE, water, TelMex, Cable TV, Internet; propane and they must include your name or name of spouse, child, or other family member); doctor’s prescription; a school receipt; lease; or any document from a public institution which includes your name; a letter with two witnesses testifying the person has been in the country at that time and witness provide official ID’s and they must attend at the meeting.

6. Current proof person is in Mexico with utility bill (propane, water, CFE, Cable, TelMex, Internet).

7. Pay 1124 pesos at bank to INM.

Submit documents at INM including proof of payment. These will be reviewed by your local INM office. If more documents are required, you will be informed.

Next is a local meeting with INM staff. At least in San Miguel, if all is satisfactory, your application is forwarded to Mexico City. You can not leave Mexico under any circumstances while your application is being processed. T

Once approved applicant is to provide photos, complete on-line application same as a visa renewal / first visa application. There may be a fine of approximately 2000 to 2500 pesos. The applicant will be given a choice of 1, 2, 3, or 4 years as a Temporary Resident and pay the appropriate fee for those years as a Temporary Resident.

http://www.dof.gob.mx/nota_detalle.php?codigo=5378303&fecha=12%2F01%2F2015

saludos

Sonia

Have you had any approved? Locally they want us to prepare all papers and then ask for a hearing in Guadalajara and if they approve then they will accept the papers.

Sonia, I thought no fine applied?

Spencer starting on my first one. But I met with INM staff today and this is the process they use here. I emailed you 3 scans of what they gave me.

saludos

Sonia

Some of my clients dont have records, other remembered they got shafted with the last amnesty so we have been very careful

Spencer you are correct meeting sequence is as you noted and I revised my original post. I also sent you the official link.

thanks

Sonia

• 3 weeks later...

In GTO state 27 applied for amnesty and 19 approved. The SMA INM says they only have 30 days to do complete process. Today our meeting with the head of INM went well and was over an hour long.

fingers crossed

Sonia

Please let us know. I am particularly interested if people who were denied prior renewals and had a negative resolution are eligible.

What is this amnesty for?

For those in the country since before latest immigration laws changed Nov 9, 2012, have no legal immigration status in Mexico as of beginning of this year when amnesty was implemented and have not left Mexico since the new laws came into effect.

There are other requirements to be met but these are the main ones.

saludos

Sonia

Archived