Chapala.com Webboard

Found wallet

CCC

A walled was found in Riberas on Sunday. The identity inside was Maria Gracia. If anyone knows her, please let her know it is safe. She can retrieve it by PM'g me, or someone can do so on her behalf with her contact info. Of course she must identify to verify. Please share this info, I am sure she is concerned. Would like to reunite her with it asap.

Perhaps you could see if her name is listed in the Telmex phone book ? Or go to the chapala police station, or ministerial publico to see if she has filed a lost report. What kinds of IDs and cards are in the wallet? Is there an IFE voters card? If it was found in Riberas, perhaps she lives in the area where it was found and you could ask some of the neighbors. You might want to give us her full name...as above I also suspect that her last name would be Garcia rather than Gracia. Unless her first and middle name is Maria Gracia and there is another last name....

It is "Gracia." The wallet was found near the garage sale on Calle Los Angeles and the people running the sale recognized the wallet as she had it out to pay for items. Doubtful it would be the same incident at Walmart. No adresss inside so far. The phone book has been checked, or at least the latest version they have of it.

Guest bennie2

put a notices up w/your phone # & email. if they can discribe the wallet correctly then it is the same person. i lost my wallet & silver pill box it was returned w/all the cash 10 days later. i described the wallet & got a phone call.

Maria Gracia is likely identical to a resident of a home in a small condo complex in San Antonio not far from Walmart (on the same street as the emissions check station). Her husband, Philip, is a Japanese American whose family name I can't recall at the moment. As we are now in the US, we do not have ready access to their address and phone number. I believe Lee Riggs of Hernandez Realty is a neighbor of Maria and can provide additional information as to how to contact her.

I think the street you are referring to is Colon. I know her but not well. I think she has moved from there. I will try to find out some more information.

Thanks Go girl. I know they were trying to sell their condo unit a couple years ago, so it is possible Maria has moved. Nonetheless, Lee Riggs at Hernandez Realty, who lived next door, is likely to have updated contact information for Maria.

The wallet has been returned to it's owner. Thanks for the suggestions. I love a happy ending.

That's great--but a little more detail please on how it came about? I'm sure I'm not the only one following this and would love to know.

Lexy

The owner was at the sale as we knew, we recognized the wallet. She told us she prayed to St Anthony and retraced her steps. We posted, put it out by word of mouth, asked around and visualized her with the wallet. One or all of these worked. I was deliberately sparse with details for a reason concerning her privacy and situation. I am happy we were able to return it.

A walled was found in Riberas on Sunday. The identity inside was Maria Gracia. If anyone knows her, please let her know it is safe. She can retrieve it by PM'g me, or someone can do so on her behalf with her contact info. Of course she must identify to verify. Please share this info, I am sure she is concerned. Would like to reunite her with it asap.

Very, very nice of you to make such an effort to get the wallet back to its owner!

Archived