Chapala.com Webboard

Cabo devastated by Odile

Mainecoons

Nobody (including the National Hurricane Service) seemed to take this Category 4 hurricane, which was moving rapidly, seriously. Anyone who had been watching its movement would have realized that it was bearing straight down on Cabo. I feel bad for those folks, those in the mountains, and those in La Paz, Loreto, and Mulege which within the past 10 years have been hit hard by other storms.

I have a cell phone with a La Paz chip in it. I got about 4-5 public service messages warning of its coming. It went from yellow to orange to red in less than two days.

I'm not so sure it's the poor who got/get hit the worse, sure, maybe they lost a roof or a felled tree damaged something. Boardwalks get hit pretty bad usually, marinas, that's well-to-do folk.

I have a cell phone with a La Paz chip in it. I got about 4-5 public service messages warning of its coming. It went from yellow to orange to red in less than two days.

I'm not so sure it's the poor who got/get hit the worse, sure, maybe they lost a roof or a felled tree damaged something. Boardwalks get hit pretty bad usually, marinas, that's well-to-do folk

Really? Did you open the link in the OP? The third picture shows houses completely destroyed. The caption below it reads that hundreds of low income people lost their homes. When I said it is the poor that get it the worst I meant that they have far fewer resources available to recover. And the hotels and marinas etc may lay off workers while they repair damages. So for some, it is no house and no job. Unlike the owner of the hotel or fancy yacht that more than likely was insured. I doubt they will be lacking for food and shelter.

Really? Did you open the link in the OP? The third picture shows houses completely destroyed. The caption below it reads that hundreds of low income people lost their homes. When I said it is the poor that get it the worst I meant that they have far fewer resources available to recover. And the hotels and marinas etc may lay off workers while they repair damages. So for some, it is no house and no job. Unlike the owner of the hotel or fancy yacht that more than likely was insured. I doubt they will be lacking for food and shelter.

No, I didn't open the link. I lived in a marina in La Paz for four years. Too bad boats float. What an ugly mess. I know it's not trendy to have sympathy for the richies but insurance isn't a cure-all for recovery. IMO every national in the bleedin nation is better off than me, they have what's known as an extended family network. If they are/were too poor to recover and have absolutely not a resource one, they are at risk of being taken out from events much less severe than a hurricane, earthquake, forest fire of flood.

Let's define troll.

Someone whose aim is to disturb the workings/peace/tranquility/order of an Internet forum. Something like that?

And should the admin go on the attack once a poster is defined as a troll? Something like that?

On Facebook there is something called a POKE. Like a forefinger to the ribs .. HELLO, is anyone alive? I'm looking for a place to settle. First I need to know if anyone is alive or is it a collection of old folks humped over a half-empty glass of sherry. Is that trolling?

Let's define troll.

Someone whose aim is to disturb the workings/peace/tranquility/order of an Internet forum. Something like that?

And should the admin go on the attack once a poster is defined as a troll? Something like that?

On Facebook there is something called a POKE. Like a forefinger to the ribs .. HELLO, is anyone alive? I'm looking for a place to settle. First I need to know if anyone is alive or is it a collection of old folks humped over a half-empty glass of sherry. Is that trolling?

So does that mean you are a poker and not a troll? Why don't you visit the lake and see for yourself instead of poking at the people you are seeking advice from?

So does that mean you are a poker and not a troll? Why don't you visit the lake and see for yourself instead of poking at the people you are seeking advice from?

Isn't this thread about CSL? Isn't it trolls who post off-topic?

I just posted I went to the lake and saw for myself. i saw the lake but didn't see the reason why there was "no" water in it. Of course I could have asked a Mexican, as I didn't see any Gringos about that Saturday night. In fact there weren't many people out and about atol. What's that awful word they use when there are no clients, a restaurant built to accommodate scores of patrons fill a table or two with their very own employees to give the impression someone is eating there, dead, is dead the word? I got the Blues just being there. I wasn't about to be crass enough to remind a local they live in a ghost town. Remember, there is live music at the malecon once on Friday and once on Saturday, and that owner who told me the Friday karaoke is mostly rucos .. you know what a ruco is, right?

I still haven't found my answer. Might it be political, as it was in the chirrido 20 years ago .. neglect, neglect of officials eventually dried up 75% of the water mass.

Y'all already know, I'm sure, yes is an answer, so is no, to not answer is an answer, to avoid an answer is an answer, changing the subject is an answer. Can lake water not be addressed on this forum? Some of you were forthright with a response, but not to the cause. Sorry for being such a curious girl. I can see someone is upset by all this.

Tourists who were stranded in Baja California Sur by the passage of Hurricane Odile arrived in Tijuana.

They were transferred by Mexican Army soldiers, and taken to the San Ysidro border station to return to their places of origin.

The tourists arrived this morning at the military base, where they continue to receive support.

Since 9AM, four aircraft have arrived from Baja California Sur, since having been trapped by the passage of the hurricane.

Mexican Army soldiers are taking them to the border or the airport.http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLinea/Notas/Noticias/16092014/886908-Turistas-atrapados-por-Odile-en-BCS-llegan-a-TIJ.html

989591-N.JPG

Modeeper -- lot of useless sniping going on here -- I sent you a PM in regards to any information you may know re Baja Sur since you have a local cellphone. Your assistance is appreciated as I have a friend with a beachfront home in Los Barriles and hasn't been able to get any information.

Archived