Chapala.com Webboard

HUGE Changes today to Mexican immigration law

Intercasa

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$800 would be our fees, government fees and for translating documents.

$800 would be our fees, government fees and for translating documents.

Spencer the poster wrote "dollars" not pesos. I doubt you charge $800 dollars but I could be wrong. At today's rate that would be about $10,700 pesos.

Does one still have to pay the $800 dollars to Spencer to process the application, or is that now unnecessary?

6900 pesos plus cost of translating bank statements

6900 pesos plus cost of translating bank statements

For anyone wondering compared to what we see in other parts of Mexico this is very reasonable. This is what I also charge in SMA but most charge 8000 pesos here not counting translating. At 7800 p it means 2800 pesos to run an office, utilities, employee, car, cell phone, computer, rent, time, knowledge.

Similarly, many can change their car's oil and filter but decide not worth it and pay for the service. Life is about choices.

Does ownership of a home here, in Mexico, have any effect on any of the requirements?

In my experience, at consulate for pre-approval it has been a major factor as recent as 2 weeks ago in Laredo.

What I discovered early last year, at the INM office I work with, when one was applying to be a PR without the required 4 years, they would only consider pension sourced income. Investments and home ownership are not considered even now. Of course, being Mexico this may vary. Spencer?

On mexconnect it was mentioned that now family members of temporal and permanente visa holders and Mexican citizens are eligible for ten year visitor's visas,that's an interesting change if it's true.

Intercasa's original post's link http://www.dof.gob.m...codnota=5363602 has information on that.

Read Tramite 2.

Tramite 2

"The visa may be used only during the term that begins with the date of issue indicated by the number of entries.

- The timing of permitted stay in the national territory shall be determined by the immigration authorities at the port of entry and may not exceed 180 days."

Still they only get up to 180 days at a time with a 10 year tourist visa.

They have not published the changes for inside Mexico, I have been checking daily.

Archived