Chapala.com Webboard

automatic washing machine

horses

Electroventa in Riberas del Pilar, 765-2222. They are great and come quickly. Usually, repairs can be done on the spot, or with a quick trip to the shop for parts. They are very reasonable and efficient.

We have used them for years, and have bought appliances from them. They give a full year warranty on used appliances, so they even have faith in their own work. :)

"Will not work" is pretty vague. Not filling with water/ not spinning/ not draining...? A washing machine is a pretty simple appliance. If there is no water coming in, therefore it won't start, check the filter in the back where the water hose enters the machine. First, turn off the water tap that feeds the machine. Then unscrew the water hose from the machine. There should be a small filter- take it out and clean it if it is plugged.

This has happened to my machine as well as a couple of friends. No need to call a repairman.

Also, mine wasn't draining- I found that my housesitter had thrown clothes and floor mats full of sand and dog hair in the machine without shaking them out- the drain hose was plugged solid. Had to loosen the muck up with a piece of re-bar, then flush it out with water.

• 1 month later...

Archived