Chapala.com Webboard

La Mision

Tingting

In a nutshell...great meal with a really nice atmosphere. This is definitely one of the better restaurants locally and I wish them all of the success. They seem to have ironed out most of the kinks that others have mentioned in previous posts. The prices were very reasonable (especially for the quality!). Even better, when there was a minor problem with one of the orders, it was promptly whisked away, fixed, and an apology given--no snarky comments about how the customer was wrong (unlike previous experiences at another popular place). Of course, the best part of all is that they're supporting a good cause. I will be back very, very soon.

I second this positive review of La Mision!

My husband and I dined there, and the food was excellent, as was the service.

We will return.

One of the partners took the time to sit down and speak with us, regarding how La Mision came to be... Very good cause, well done, as is the excellent cusine.

Perfecto!

In a nutshell...great meal with a really nice atmosphere. This is definitely one of the better restaurants locally and I wish them all of the success. They seem to have ironed out most of the kinks that others have mentioned in previous posts. The prices were very reasonable (especially for the quality!). Even better, when there was a minor problem with one of the orders, it was whisked prompty away, fixed, and an apology given--no snarky comments about how the customer was wrong (unlike previous experiences at another popular place). Of course, the best part of all is that they're supporting a good cause. I will be back very, very soon.

I agree, we were there a week ago and had a great meal. I had a 150 gram steak which was delicious and perfectly cooked. They bring the steak to you before they cook it, to make sure it is what you want. We could not understand why there was no shrimp on the menu, David the chef came over to talk to us, we asked him why, his reply a good one was "if you want steak you come here, if you want fish you go to Tabarka". Service was good, we will definitely be back.

• 2 weeks later...

La Mision is an excellent new restaurant and the name fits, since they are on a mission to help feed the poor and homebound living in lakeside barrios. The profits are used towards training single mothers in the skills they need to become self sustaining.

It is true, La Mision does not offer seafood, however, there do have a nice variety of steak dishes, pork tenderloin, chicken, quail and duck. Their salads are quite nice and we had cream of zucchini soup and clam chowder, both very good. See a full review at

http://www.lakechapalarestaurantguide.blogspot.mx/ with pictures and directions.

La Mision is an excellent new restaurant and the name fits, since they are on a mission to help feed the poor and homebound living in lakeside barrios. The profits are used towards training single mothers in the skills they need to become self sustaining.

It is true, La Mision does not offer seafood, however, there do have a nice variety of steak dishes, pork tenderloin, chicken, quail and duck. Their salads are quite nice and we had cream of zucchini soup and clam chowder, both very good. See a full review at

http://www.lakechapalarestaurantguide.blogspot.mx/ with pictures and directions.

I wonder if the waiters are paid a living wage..or do they have to rely on tips..seems if you want to help some one , pay the staff (Mexican) well...how poor is poor

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet but we have recd. 2 quotes one for cement and the other for wood. I believe we will go with the wood as we can remove the wood when there is no need and put them down rapidly when the need arises. In the meantime we have 2 handsome strong Mexican men who will carry you in your chair into the restaurant.

Archived