Chapala.com Webboard

sunday brunch

chapalagirl38

rvgringo i think the brunch is later than 1pm its the breakfast menu that stops early (12pm). i will call them for next week. there is also a saturday lunch buffet that is all day, dosnt look too good!

rv, which day are you talking about, saturday OR sunday? im only intersted in breakfast buffet. last thing i want is that noise. havnt been there on wkends in several years. they have a new management so maybe things have changed. im calling them for confirmations.

too bad about the breakfast buffet. @ one time it looked sad so i ordered from the menu. very good! but after 12 noon the menu option was over. i was hoping the buffet would look better w/the new manager. will call them go there & report @ a later date. there is also a brunch @ new posada, but its been several years since i have tried it. think it stops @ 1pm.

Has anyone been to Bambu lately for the brunch? I would be interested in how much variety there was to the buffet. We were recently at Real de Chapala for the Sunday breakfast buffet. It was disappointing. I don't know what the cost was as we were guests.

I was at Bambu several weeks ago. There was enough variety so that I didn't have room to try a number of the dishes.

OK. “Where is the best....“ always leads to a long list of fine places; all worth exploring. You will miss many, as such places come and go in Ajijic, except for the old standbys. As such, some will be extinct before you get to them, yet other hopefuls will have opened.

Beware, too, of the fact that we all have opinions. Some have moved to Mexico but will not partake of the local cuisine. Too bad, and also hard to find if you don‘t know where to look. The best: Viva Mexico and Cenaduria Elba.

Then there are the gringo joints, catering to expats and often run by them. The Best: Bruno‘s and Ajijic Tango.

Seafood lovers; forget the San Juan Cosala drive in favor of the seafood restaurants, open every day, on the east end of the Chapala Malecon...there is a parking lot. We like Cozumel Restaurant especially.

We used to really enjoy Melanie‘s, which became Mel‘s Diner, and now just Mel‘s, but have given up that habit.

Ambiance is great in some places, like Nueva Posada, and the food is good....but not always.

Look for places like Pinguino and Letra CH, Jose‘s, Los Cinco Potrillos, etc. They are, in our opinion, the best. They will still be here when the others are gone.

Archived