Chapala.com Webboard

Richards Restaurant Re-opening

We are pleased to announce that Richard's Restaurant will be open later this week.

Thursday through Saturday 5:00pm to 7:30 pm.

Next week <American Thanksgiving> we will be open Friday and Saturday.

After that, back to Thursday through Saturday.

We look forward to meeting and serving you.

Call 376-108-0180 or cell 331-797-9812 for reservations.

Hugh Morton and Laura Foster.

We are pleased to announce that Richard's Restaurant will be open later this week.

Thursday through Saturday 5:00pm to 7:30 pm.

Next week <American Thanksgiving> we will be open Friday and Saturday.

After that, back to Thursday through Saturday.

We look forward to meeting and serving you.

Call 376-108-0180 or cell 331-797-9812 for reservations.

Hugh Morton and Laura Foster.

Glad you are opening but can you post your menu and prices and give us a bit more info about yourselves ? Richard's was our favorite restaurant and we would be interested in seeing how you compare. Big shoes to fill.

I was fortunate to be invited to Richard's for a sneak preview last weekend. The menu and prices are the same as the original Richard's, wine and sangria are the same and the lovely Angie is in place to serve with her efficient warmth. I was very favorably impressed at how true to the original the new owners have kept it.

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

I was fortunate to be invited to Richard's for a sneak preview last weekend. The menu and prices are the same as the original Richard's, wine and sangria are the same and the lovely Angie is in place to serve with her efficient warmth. I was very favorably impressed at how true to the original the new owners have kept it.

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed!

Ditto!

We were regulars at Richards, and the new owners are maintaining their very high standards- and of course Angie is still terrific!

Paula

From Chapala centro, go north on Madero and turn left just before the Pemex, crossing the oncoming lane and go alongside the soccer field for one block. Turn right at Bar Tomas and go three long blocks. The restaurant is on the cross street, diagonally to your right. So turn right and park. You will be facing the carretera again, opposite the tall Soriana sign, so when you leave just head toward it, turn right on the lateral and enter the carretera headed back into Chapala centro.

Don't tell me that you have forgotten Chapala already RVGringo, because your directions are a little bit out. From Chapala centro, go north on Madero and turn left after going through the traffic lights and passing the Pemex; there is a left hand filter lane in the centre of the road for this purpose. You are not allowed to do a U-turn at the traffic lights and then back-track to the right hand turn alongside the soccer pitch and then to the right turn by Bar Tomas. After turning off Madero, just after the Pemex, proceed to the next crossing and turn right. Two long blocks and then RVGringo is correct, the restaurant is on the cross street diagonally to your right - 2-story white-painted house with black metal gates. The remainder of RVGringo's instructions are also correct.

What is the purpose of the left turn lane that RV mentions as you sure couldn't turn right after the left turn into the oncoming traffic, and there isn't any cross street directly in front of you. ? An allowable left turn to no where? :017:

Having said all that, stanuk's instructions are the better way.

It's on La Paz, so I would come in from the north end town, and turn right onto the side road just before the lights. Then I would do a quick completely illegal right turn on that side road (sue me), and take the next left, which everyone tends to do. That's La Paz, and it is a block down on your right. Can't miss it. Also, it is across from a Dr's office.

Sorry, my map from Tony Burton shows La Paz, not Josefa Diaz. The only Dominguez I see is Josefa Ortiz de Domingues (and a Pr.), near the soccer field.... same on the Street Smart map.

So anyone looking for instructions, I guess my street names are wrong... but my directions are right... :wacko:... right?

Just an FYI.

Although a lot of people make that illegal turn and drive the wrong way on the lateral in that spot, you may get a ticket if the police happen to be around. I have seen them smile and wave as someone goes by. I have also seen them stopping drivers to have a little chat.

Sorry, my map from Tony Burton shows La Paz, not Josefa Diaz. The only Dominguez I see is Josefa Ortiz de Domingues (and a Pr.), near the soccer field.... same on the Street Smart map.

So anyone looking for instructions, I guess my street names are wrong... but my directions are right... :wacko:... right?

I'm not sure.......LOL All I know is my Zapatero, Vega, is a 1/2 block west of Richard's, same side of street, and he is on Josefa's street.

but your right, Josefa was an Ortiz and not a Diaz before she married Dominguez. I probably went to the wrong wedding.

I guess we should all be saying.....?preguntando se llega a Roma? :)

Archived