Chapala.com Webboard

New Restaurant

Wookie

My husband walked by and they were still doing preparations for opening. He didn't get any particulars except that they are opening a week from today. Does anyone know what type of restaurant? They told him he could come in and have a drink if he wanted ... very nice. He didn't want to bother them so didn't ask questions :)

There was a very minimal article in the Spanish language newspaper I glanced at during lunch today. A new place opening in Rancho del Oro, which I assume is the same one. It's going to be called "Cheers" (like the TV show bar) and they'll serve brautwursts. That's about all it said. So don't know if it's more of a bar, or restaurant, but if the latter, maybe sort of Germanish?

Just guessing, article didn't say much.

• 2 weeks later...

We went with another couple , we went at 5:30 and they had no food! We each had a beer then a car drove up unloaded the trunk

And now they had brats. One brat and some kraut for 80 pesos. We won't be back. Don't think they will make it

Jeez, Cheers has been open one whole week now, maybe you could cut them some slack. Also, IMO, Cheers is a bar that happens to sell some of Rolf's homemade German style brats, not really a restaurant.

Denver, yes, we should always give folks a chance. But opening before you're ready? And not having inventory on hand at that time? (And personally, I question charging 80 pesos for a brat.) It just shows a disdain for your audience.

Archived