Chapala.com Webboard

Tabarka

hensley

Kudo's to David the owner for listening to his customers and working on fixing the problems. And thanks to those customers for getting back on the forum to update us on the improvement. And Big Points to Pera for talking directly to David to assure that the problems are resolved.

Gracias Jeanette and I saw him this morning as I walked my dogs and he was about to walk his dalmation and his cocker spaniel. He was both happy and sad....Happy that some of you have talked with him but sad that more of you have not!

• 2 weeks later...

I ate at Tabarka a few days ago with a lady friend who had been holding a few suitcases while I was moving. Tabarka had a new waitress (great) and other servers were great. Had the lobster (great) and had to a get a cab to get home. David (owner) said his phone was out, so he drove me & my suitcase home!

I have dined there more than any other restaurant in Ajijic and have had wonderful dining experiences.

I love Tabarka!

Four of us ate there last night. The owners were not there and there was a new waitstaff. The food was wonderful, including a Spanish torta appetizer served without ordering it, free of charge. The waitstaff was delightful. The bill was done correctly with no mistakes. We had a wonderful time. Giver 'er another chance!

• 2 weeks later...

We ate there tonight, third time in two weeks. The new wait staff continues to be very friendly and extraordinarily attentive. Laura, who appears to be in charge when Daivd, the owner, isn't there, not only remembers my name but that of my cat to whom I take our leftovers. The food was delicious. The salads with beets and mixed greens are superb and the fish prepared to perfection. They continue to service complementary appetizers. Pity was that there were just two tables with customers, including ours. I recommend you all try La Tabarka again. It's a treasure.

We'll have to try again. We did go on my birthday, as planned, but discovered that my birthday fell on a Tuesday and they were closed. So, we dropped down to Ocampo, our old neighborhood until 2004, and had a veal dinner at Mannix.

Archived