Chapala.com Webboard

Turning on gas heater. Need help.

Lexy

Our gas/ water heater is new. Pilot is out right now. I ran out of gas. Got the gas. Now I need to turn it on and can't figure how to do so. Directions are in Spanish and I learned how to do it only once before many weeks ago.

Do you know of any person who can make a house call to turn it on?

I have a Cal-o-Rex

Help, help, help.

Lexy

When you hold down the button that allows the gas to flow you will probably have to hold it for a long time to purge the air that probably entered when your tank went dry.

thanks, all. I'm going to need someone to come to me. The vidio info was great but didn't coincide with exactly what I have. And it got scary to me to keep trying.

We once asked our gas delivery guy if he could turn on our heater and he said no.

So I need a name and number of a plumber, if you have one, please.

Meanwhile, I'll be calling friends (which you are all also, but electronic ones).

Ask him to show you twice how you

to do it. This is what I did in the same situation and I can do it by myself now. That's make me proud of me.

So funny! I did do it myself once. Felt like a genius. This time couldn't do it according to the notes I took.Felt like an :().

The solution is: never, never run out of gas. OR keep the # of a reliable plumber at hand.

Lexy

Archived