Chapala.com Webboard

Cruise Ship Denied Access to Mexico

Aquaponicsman

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/10/17/cruise-ship-carrying-texas-ebola-nurse-refused-entry-in-belize/

Mexico fails to grant access to cruise ship carrying Texas health worker

The cruise ship carrying a Texas health-care worker who “may have” handled lab specimens from Dallas Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan is headed back to the United States after Mexican authorities failed to grant permission for the ship to dock off the coast of Cozumel, according to a Carnival spokeswoman.

The Carnival Magic had been waiting off the Mexican coast since Friday morning for its scheduled port visit. Mexican authorities still hadn’t given clearance by noon, so the ship continued to its home port of Galveston, Tex., where it was due back on Sunday, according to Carnival.

The health worker, a lab supervisor who has not been named, has shown no symptoms of the disease but remains on board and in voluntary isolation, according to Carnival. “We greatly regret that this situation, which was completely beyond our control, precluded the ship from making its scheduled visit to Cozumel and the resulting disappointment it has caused our guests,” read a statement from Carnival.

Excerpt... read full story at the link above.

Go ;you one better... Texas has declared that it's now OK for perverts to use mirrors or whatever to look up women's skirts.

Go ;you one better... Texas has declared that it's now OK for perverts to use mirrors or whatever to look up women's skirts.

Is there a rule that pertains to how old you must be to post on this board?

Is there a rule that pertains to how old you must be to post on this board?

Obviously not, as I see a lot of posts that must come from Elementary aged children pretending to be mature adults. (or, maybe some older people have found the "fountain of youth" and have reversed their mental abilities and have reverted to their "bully" years).

Guest bennie2

bmh, who is "we"? "the open society"/ "UN" created the open border. "we" have no say. honesty, there's little to worry about in lakeside. mexico is kind of strict. they even closed galleria mall during the swine flu thing. i wasnt happy, it cost me a fortune for a cab to get back here & didnt even get to shop. hookem, dont start rumors, or keep it under your hat. there is noone from lakeside on a cruise ship.

Guest bennie2

bmh: its not up to citizens to vote on international matters, regardless if they are amer or mex. agree, this illness is not in mex, last thing i worry about. the west africans can come & go out the US, but not here.

Guest bennie2

shutting/opening borders is an "issue", the different political parties use it on their platforms. there are some things which are way out of a politicans control. right now the US border wont be shut, theres too much @ stake for ammesty. there are some ways ebloa "could" come down here, but since its a stretch i wont even bother w/it. i think if mex-amercans are feeling ill, they will stay in the US untill they feel better.

Archived