Chapala.com Webboard

Wanted Very Small Dog

We have an adorable little male at the Ranch. He's maybe 8 pounds? He's got short little legs like a dauschound (sp???) but maybe a maltese mixed in there. Hard to say, but he's a white little fluff ball....I just know he's wonderful. He's about a year old. Also have a young female maybe a bit larger that obviously was someone's pet. She was found wandering on the libramiento and probably had been attacked by a larger dog. She's recovering nicely and despite her experience, is calm, loving and trusting.

I can email pics if you'd like to pm me your email.

As per our post we have a female jack Russell about seven to eight months old that has adopted us. We cannot keep her but are spaying her today and have started all shots and worming. She is about ten pounds and very sweet.

If interested let us know quickly.

We DON'T have a photo of Ollie on the Ranch Website. If someone is going up to The Ranch and can take a photo, I'll post it. Ollie is not hyper but is still playful with a puppy-silly attitude. He is affectionate, walks well on leash and makes a wonderful lap dog. He spent about an hour giving puppy kisses and cuddling on my lap at Adoption Day. He has medium length wavy white hair that is low shedding and low maintenance. I am thinking maybe part Westie??? Think small Westie with short legs.

A lot depends on what kind of personality and energy level your friend wants. Jack Russells are very high energy and a person needs to be familiar with the breed before they adopt. Many people love them, but a JRT would make me absolutely crazy. They are not for everyone.

Thank you for your replies. Ollie sounds wonderful, but may be a bit too large at 8 to 10 lbs. The road out to the Ranch sounds a bit wet and rough for my scooter. Sue, I'll send you a PM.

Since all my dogs are around 20 kilos, Ollie seems positively tiny to me. But he isn't a teacup size for sure. If you want to see him, never fear. I, or another Ranch volunteer, would be happy to take you up to visit....or bring him down for a home visit. I do have a pic of Ollie. If you'd like to see it, PM me and I'll send it to you.

What about Mirabel's (Sawyer's) pups Curt and Linda; are they still waiting for homes? I have Sawyer and she is quite small (12 pounds) and her pups were thought to be sired by a Chihuahua which should make them pretty small and if they are like their mother they are smart, easily housebroken and very cuddly.

I am fostering Kurt and he is darling and small at a little over 4 kilos. I would be happy to have you come to our house in Ajijic to visit him or bring him to meet you. He is well crate trained, potty trained with some management, walks nicely on leash, does a sit, paw and working on a down. he is around four months old so old enough to stay overnight in his crate without need to potty but young enough to still be playful. He is very calm and cuddly.

If you pm me your email, I'll send some pictures.

Thank you all for your replies. All the dogs sound wonderful, but too large. I wish I was adopting another dog, but 7 cockatiels, a parrot and Precious are all I can handle. I was trying to convince myself that I didn't want another dog after putting my Chloe down, but all my arguments were put aside when I looked into those little eyes. She's a constant source of joy and love in a small package

and I plan to treasure everyday we have together. Hopefully my friend will find the same with a little companion that melts her heart.

Thank you all for your replies. All the dogs sound wonderful, but too large. I wish I was adopting another dog, but 7 cockatiels, a parrot and Precious are all I can handle. I was trying to convince myself that I didn't want another dog after putting my Chloe down, but all my arguments were put aside when I looked into those little eyes. She's a constant source of joy and love in a small package

and I plan to treasure everyday we have together. Hopefully my friend will find the same with a little companion that melts her heart.

Hi SunnyV! I just posted about this precious puppy I found the other day. Please check out my post ("My Name was Flea Buffet, but now I'm Tula Boola...." She weighs under 7 lbs and, according to Dr. Luis, is as big as she's gonna get. She is so sweet and MELLOW and well-behaved. Not yappy at all. All these dogs are angels and I would be happy if any of them were adopted. See what you think when you read my post and see her pictures.

Archived