Chapala.com Webboard

Mom´s deli

Tingting

Even though I pass by it nearly every day, this morning I realized that Mom´s Deli was gone and in its place is an ugly garage-looking box for rent. What happened to MD? While I´m not sorry to see it gone, I am surprised since it always seemed to have a lot of customers.

Hmmmm...I was biking so maybe I inhaled too many bus fumes? lol Seriously, I thought Mom´s was on the end of the Maskaras Clinic block. So, whatever was at the end is now a very ugly concrete building. I did a double take because I never saw it before. Note to self: make sure contact prescription is correct.

Even though I pass by it nearly every day, this morning I realized that Mom´s Deli was gone and in its place is an ugly garage-looking box for rent. What happened to MD? While I´m not sorry to see it gone, I am surprised since it always seemed to have a lot of customers.

Hey Tingting Please clarify "what happened to MD while I'm not sorry to see it gone" Your right Mae does have a lot of customers, I being one, and we are glad she is not gone!

Hey Tingting Please clarify "what happened to MD while I'm not sorry to see it gone" Your right Mae does have a lot of customers, I being one, and we are glad she is not gone!

Nope. I was merely curious, not interested in starting a discussion about the pros and cons of that particular diner.

When I passed today, I saw where I missed the place. It´s a bit hidden by trees. I didn´t see a sign, just one for the Bridge Club sign and then, of course, that ugly building on the corner.

I'm sure that "ugly building" will soon be sporting a fresh new billboard-like sign advertising Mom's Deli to replace the one the new structure now blocks from view. Mae and her daughter have done a great job offering a menu that suits many Lakesiders' taste buds at a fair price. Get there before 11am and try their delicious shrimp creole breakfast; it's outstanding. They also have a great staff, many of whom have been with them for years - another indication of a well-run business. Best wishes to them in their new location; they are a real asset to the Lakeside scene.

Hmmmm...I was biking so maybe I inhaled too many bus fumes? lol Seriously, I thought Mom´s was on the end of the Maskaras Clinic block. So, whatever was at the end is now a very ugly concrete building. I did a double take because I never saw it before. Note to self: make sure contact prescription is correct.

Mom's used to be on the end with her sign painted on the side of the building where the vacant lot was. The lot now has the side by side new building and Mom's is moving to the one on the west side.

maw

Archived