Chapala.com Webboard

What? A return ticket is required?

valbogyo

I know this is an older thread, but just in case someone finds it via a search...

We booked two one-way tickets in Jan. 2012 for our flights in February. DFW -> GDL

We booked online, and at no point were we required to get return flights. We were asked no questions about this at Customs or Immigration. We told Immigration we would be here for 180 days for our FMM.

• 2 weeks later...

We flew to Canada, and on our way back we were asked in Toronto if we had a return ticket. I said this is our return ticket. We are going back to Mexico because we live there. Then she asked if we had a resident visa. When I showed my FM-2 she kept quiet. I commented that it was ridiculous to ask for a return ticket when our departure was from Mexico. She said that I could have been coming from another country before entering Mexico; that did not mean that I was a resident. Some are more zealous than others.

Guest RevImmigrant

I booked a one-way ticket on the internet on United while I was still in Beijing from SFO to GDL. When I checked in on arrival at the SFO airport, no one asked if I had a return ticket or what kind of visa I had. The agent gave me a temporary boarding pass to get me through security and the agent at the gate assigned me a seat. The flight itself was a nightmare, but that's another issue! Hint: try to avoid United if at all possible.

Archived