Chapala.com Webboard

Question about the new south Periferico extension

Initially, when the new Periferico south extension was opened, there was no connection to the cuota from GDL headed towards Lagos de Moreno. We went to the zoo the other day using the periferico from just past the airport exit and noticed that there appears to be a ramp to the cuota from the northbound (at that point) Periferico onto the east bound cuota at Tonala.'

However, when returning I saw no evidence that there is a ramp from the westbound cuota at that location onto the southbound Periferico towards the airport. Is that correct?

If my eyes didn't deceive me, it looks like one could get on the 80D cuota outbound from here but when returning from the direction of Lagos, there would be no way to get on the Periferico.

Has anyone here done it in both directions or at least northbound? It would appear to be a timesaver over the current "Guadalajara bypass" where you go to Zapotlanejo before joining the 80D cuota.

At least in one direction.

You can connect both ways. I entered cuota from GDL and then new periferico, other way too, I was going to the Puente Grande jail.

What about if you are coming from Lagos on the cuota? Can you exit onto the periferico towards the airport?

That Zapotlanejo exit off of the cuota coming from Lagos is one dangerous puppy. It is worth the extra toll not to use it for me as I'll be returning alone and I generally rely on my passenger to spot the hazardous cross over of the north bound cuota lane to the exit itself.

• 3 months later...

What about if you are coming from Lagos on the cuota? Can you exit onto the periferico towards the airport?

That Zapotlanejo exit off of the cuota coming from Lagos is one dangerous puppy. It is worth the extra toll not to use it for me as I'll be returning alone and I generally rely on my passenger to spot the hazardous cross over of the north bound cuota lane to the exit itself.

Resurrecting an old post, you can access the periferico oriente when returning from the north. The exit is signed for Aeropuerto Perifico. It can be a little confusing in that the actual exit doesn't look like much. Just a the end of the off ramp there are some massive potholes to be avoided and a couple of more further on. The route takes you through a small village and then on to the periferico going north. Almost immediately there is an overpass retourno which brings you around to the correct direction. We just did this yesterday.

Archived