Chapala.com Webboard

Driving at Lakeside Presentation February 10

Cortland

Driving at Lakeside

Presentation Monday, February 10, 12:15 to 2:00 p.m. in La Sala, at LCS

If you thought that driving in the Lakeside area and Jalisco generally is the same as driving in Canada, the US or any other country, you should attend this presentation. Topics will include:

• Signalling and making a left hand turn
  • Using the gloriettas on the carretera through La Floresta.
  • Advance green arrows at an intersection
  • Parking on a one way street
  • Getting a traffic or parking ticket
  • Photo radar tickets
  • Crossing the border by car
  • What documents must be carried when driving
  • Driving a foreign plated vehicle
  • Driving licence requirements for individuals with permanente status
  • What to do in an accident.
  • Smog test for foreign plated vehicle
  • Use of an ATV or golf cart on the road.
  • ...And more

This presentation is restricted to LCS members.

I am curious!

Another example of what?

Perhaps, you mean this is another example of an organization with limited seating facilities limiting that seating to members of that organization.

Could that be what your not so veiled insult implies?

Stop it folks. We only have so much room for these sessions. When we have more people than seats of course we have to limit it to members. If you don't like the rules join and change them but I am sure it is easier for you to b**** about some inequity in the past. I have seen this over and over. Join or don't I don't care but members have bennies and non members don't. I run a Science Fiction club and you can't go to that either unless I invite

you and you join. LCS does lots of things for non members but it won't work unless we have paying members

and we push that these days. It takes money and that comes from membership to do the work of LCS.

LCScats (I do not represent LCS but am a volunteer and this is my opinion)

Why is it restricted to LCS members................................just another example .........................

Why do you think you should have access to LCS and its programs without being a member?

Anyhow, I can sum this presentation up in one sentence:

Drive like you're playing one of those video games where things pop up in the road without warning and the other drivers are all insane.

In Mexico, the paranoid driver has the edge. Interestingly I've found that my 55 years as a motorcycle rider has proven to be great training for driving here.

In other words, play DEFENSE. :)

Archived