Chapala.com Webboard

Heating Pad

When I looked a few months ago, only one I could find was at Farmacia Cristina (near El Torito) and the price was 800 or 850 pesos..... too rich for MY blood! Ended up ordering from Amazon and having a friend heading south bring it along.

Can't say about Guad.

I looked for one around here for quite some time. Gave up and waited until I made a trip to the states. Perhaps one of the Farmacias could order one for you ?

To make do in the meantime, I filled a small, decorative type pillowcase with rice, tossed in a few herbs and sewed up the opening. It works great when heated in the microwave and is moldable and fits various achy places.

The heat lasts for about 30 minutes only, and eventually the rice is too toasty and needs replacing. but it did the job until I got the electric one, and was a quick, easy and cheap fix for the pain. I have even used a kitchen towel when I wanted a longer, thinner heated pad.

Good luck on your search.

We have one, among many other things, as we have sold our home. It is a pet heating pad and maintains 103F. I use it in bed with good results. Need a propane heater? Cool weather is coming. But if it doesn‘t, we could fix you up with tower fans, etc. PM for more information.

We have one, among many other things, as we have sold our home. Need a propane heater? Cool weather is coming. But if it doesn‘t, we could fix you up with tower fans, etc. PM for more information.

RVGringo--PMed you about something I'm looking for that I think you have for sale. Please check your messages.

Archived