Chapala.com Webboard

Carpenter Recommendation for Murphy Bed Construction

Barb

Given my experience building a Murphy bed from a hardware kit, you don't need an individual carpenter but rather a cabinet shop which has the saws and equipment to cut sheet goods and lay large pieces of laminate. That I don't know locally.

Don't most carpenters have saws that can cut "sheet goods"?The ones I know in Guadalajara do.

Given my experience building a Murphy bed from a hardware kit, you don't need an individual carpenter but rather a cabinet shop which has the saws and equipment to cut sheet goods and lay large pieces of laminate. That I don't know locally.

Murphy beds use large pieces of laminate?

A number of years ago I would have recommended MMM (Muebles y Madereria Mora) in the big orange building just west of the Animal Shelter in Riberas. They made a great 12' wall unit of MDF for me several years ago But they closed and the building has been divided into two parts and repainted. The left part of the building apparently is going to open as a climbing gym. The right part houses EME architects, which I believe is the same Mr. Mora who owned MMM. Does anybody know if they still make furniture? I want two more wall units built and would love to use them again. Or I need recommendations for someone else who can make my wall units. I would prefer MDF as I don't want pine because it is so soft and dents easily. I want to paint the units white so don't need them made of a more expensive wood.

We had some shelving made by Ricardo Mora recently. They are still making furniture at the new shop as far as I know.

I stopped by there this week and Alejandro came today to measure and prepare an estimate for wall units of MDF. I was very pleased with their work in the past and glad to know they are still in business.

• 4 months later...

Since this thread popped up again, I thought I would update the information for the carpenter I recommended before, formerly MMM and the EME in Riberas, just west of the Animal Shelter. They have left that location and moved to Ixtlahuacan. Contact person is Alejandro Zaragoza, 333-954-9068. They built two wall units for me in October and did a great job. Alejandro was great to work with. He is now building me a bed. I recommend them highly.

I designed this china cabinet and Luis from Rustico built it for us. The picture was taken before the pulls were added because I bought them after.

He has built lots of other furniture for us and we're very pleased.

He used to be in Riberas but moved his shop close to where Lucky Dog is.

He will come to you and give you a quote.

Luis' Cell: (331) 000-6212

vi2n81.jpg

Archived