Chapala.com Webboard

Last Will

Zeb

It is my understand the Notarios are the ones that prepare wills here and also specialize in real estate.  Is the Notario a better choice than having an attorney do this?  Also, what about an executor?  Suppose you don't have anyone to do this?  Is the best option to get an attorney to act as the Executor?

I can tell you that I was told to get my will written by a Notario I trust. In my case, I know and trust Notario #2 across from the Sunrise Restaurant. Oh and not only does he speak Spanish and English but Dutch as well, which I like.

Your executor should be someone you know very well and trust like a relative etc. My executor or his wife should he no longer be alive is a trusted friend, someone who I have known for more than 20 years and although he speaks Mexican Spanish is a citizen from another country.

A notario. I used Ramos Uriate in Chapala and everything went perfectly. He speaks English. The executer does not have to live in Mexico or be a Mexican but must be someone you trust. Someone from back home.?

Archived